Windows 10: Wifi/network adapter issues

Discus and support Wifi/network adapter issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i have this really weird issue. Recently my wifi will auto disconnect itself randomly whether I'm using the internet or not. Sometimes it will stay... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrandonHaferkamp, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Wifi/network adapter issues

So i have this really weird issue. Recently my wifi will auto disconnect itself randomly whether I'm using the internet or not. Sometimes it will stay connected for two hours sometimes less than ten second When i attempt to reconnect it will reset the network adapter and then fail to connect afterwards. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the network adapter and also restarting the computer but nothing works. I tried turning that button in the adapter setting that allows the computer to turn it off to save power - doesn't work. I've also tried things like flushing the dns cache (to no avail). Sometimes it takes 10 minutes of continuously resetting the network adapter to work, sometimes it does it on the first try. I have scanned the computer with malwarebytes (all drives) and found no visible malware. Every time i try to fresh start by resetting the PC it will get to about 30% then cancel and say "windows ran into a problem while resetting" or some shi* like that - I am also unable to re-install the OS. Very frustrated. One other thing, it's not the modem as my roommate has no issues with the wifi and my iphone will stay connected no problem. I am at a total loss here...is it malware? Running on an Acer Aspire E5-774g

:)

BrandonHaferkamp, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 26, 2019
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Wifi/network adapter issues

Windows 10 Wifi Adapter Issues/Problems

Thanks. Those are very basic steps I already tried (as mentioned in my first post).

I have also tried all six steps listed on the advanced tips here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

My connection is spotty at best. It takes 30 minutes of resetting the network adapter to even get a wifi connection and it eventually drops it after 45 minutes.

AlexandraVallianatos, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Wifi/network adapter issues

1. Wifi/network adapter issues - Similar Threads - Wifi network adapter

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  5. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  6. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network

Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network: I am not able to connect to wifi as it is not getting detected. I have to then execute the netsh command and restart machine. This fixes the problem for some time however in few mins the connection is lost again. Can someone help how i can fix this. the problem has started...
  8. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  9. Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

Wifi trouble and network adapter issues: I recently updated to windows 10 pro 1909 and after a few restarts after installing it the pc is not getting connected to any wifi networks nor it is recognising any of the networks present. All other devices in my home find a wifi network. Any of the wireless network...
  10. Issue with WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with WiFi adapter: Whenever I unplug and re plug the wireless adapter, my WiFi runs fine for about 1-2 mins. Then, later on it says no internet but I’m still connected. This happened for almost a week and only happens exclusively on 1 computer. submitted by /u/XythesBwuaghl [link]...