Windows 10: Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

Discus and support Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by siredge, Dec 20, 2019.

1. siredge Win User

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't use this functionality, which I understand was facilitated by MicroSoft.

Every time, I can run the troubleshooter and in 30 or so seconds, my network adapter is reenabled and I can carry on which requires reconnecting to the remove system and restarting my session there.

This happens at varying frequencies- I have seen it occur twice inside 15 min, but generally happens about once per hour.

I have checked a number of threads on the subject and I have:

• Refreshed my Windows 10 installation
    • Updated network drivers
    • Disabled power saving mode on the network card
    • Updated my DNS servers
    • Moved to Static IP helped me take the router out of the equation as the source of the problem

Is there a permanent solution available?

Thanks,

Bryce

:)

siredge, Dec 20, 2019

2. How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Wifi adapter randomly stops.

Hello!,

As the title suggests, my wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377) randomly stops working. It is showing a message on device manager saying something like "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." This only started happening after
    updating to Windows 10 1809 update. I can fix the problem by disabling and re-enabling the adapter but seriously, who wants doing that everytime it happens? Can someone give me suggestions on how to fix it permanently?

derpygamer, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

1. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently - Similar Threads - Wifi Network Adapter

2. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  3. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  4. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  5. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  6. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  7. wifi randomly disabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi randomly disabling: using laptop irrelevant and my wifi device randomly disables itself. if i try to reconnect immediately, it can't connect to the router. no further error messages or any output is available. issue is inconsistent as well. more or less randomly hitting "idle". i tried to...
  8. Windows 10 network adapters disabling frequently

Windows 10 network adapters disabling frequently: I have a Dell Precision 7520 with Windows 10 installed. The Ethernet adapter and wireless adapter are frequently disabling. When I can get them enabled again, they don't always communicate with the network, even with a statically assigned IP. I have opened a support...
  9. Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently: Hi I need to reset my wi-fi adapter details are given below: SSID: AMEYA Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. Description: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter Driver...
  10. WiFi adapter randomly disables

WiFi adapter randomly disables: Hello there, A problem that has been really annoying me for a while now, is as the title says, my WiFi adapter disables at random times, then enables. Then it can't find any networks, then it does and I have to manually connect again. This first happened suddenly, during a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network adapter disabled frequently

2. qualcom qca 9377 radio status fail message troubleshooter