Windows 10: Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work

Discus and support Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So the computer starts up with everything working, automatically connects to the network (I have tried doing a forget network and manually connecting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drazi Black, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work

So the computer starts up with everything working, automatically connects to the network (I have tried doing a forget network and manually connecting, doesn't make a different) and everything works fine for a while, but then it will just randomly disconnect and will not reconnect (it temporarily shuts off the wifi adapter after trying to connect, then restarts itself and just acts like nothing happened).

I have tried the troubleshooter, I have tried resetting the adapter, I have tried reinstalling the adapter, I have tried updating the drivers, I have tried changing the power-saving options so it doesn't de-power the card. I have scoured this website for answers and have gotten no-where.

So, the card works until it doesn't, then it won't reconnect to the wifi network until you restart the whole computer, and then it works again just fine until it doesn't anymore and forces another computer restart. I am at a loss, this has been happening randomly for a few weeks now, but I've tried "solutions" on here to this problem (or similar ones) that are way older.

:)

Drazi Black, Feb 28, 2019
  2. TS-11 Win User

Wifi stops working randomly

Hi,

My wifi stops working randomly as of lately even though I am connected and the internet is working. Other machines, phones and tablet that I have keep working. This is extremely annoying. Only solution is to restart the laptop. Need to do this 2-3 times
    a day. Other solutions suggested by community do not work!

Any help please?

Thanks.

T

TS-11, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Wifi stops working randomly

I have this problem with Surface Pro 2 where the computer connects to a Wifi router and after a few minutes browsing stops working with no apparent reason.

Here is what I have noticed:

- The Wifi symbol shows the computer IS still connected to the router: other devices connected to the same router continue to work and browse the Internet normally;

- Ping a remote server continues to work: Windows is still able to resolve names like
    www.bing.com and ping the IP address successfully;

- The problem also happens with other Wifi adapters: disabling the Marvell Avastar 350N wireless adapter and using another USB Wifi adapter doesn't help;

- Rebooting the computer is the only thing that works.

Here's what I have tried and doesn't work at all:

- Enabling/disabling the Wifi adapter;

- Erasing all Wifi connections to routers;

- Uninstalling the Wifi adapter and drivers;

- netsh commands like Winsock reset or ip reset;

- ipconfig commands like flushdns, registerdns,
    release and renew;

- Disabling antivirus/firewall;

- Clear browsing data (cookies/cache);

- Rebooting routers;

- Disabling Netbios from TCP/IP;

- sfc /scannow;

- DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

On a side note, the more I browse... the fastest Windows looses connectivity to the Internet.

I'm confidant this problem manifested after the last Windows update.

How do I fix this?

KarlPhillip, Feb 28, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work

Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Hi I recall that while my PC was on over lunch I returned to find those protocols had suddenly and without apparent reason vanished.

Why? Hmm, maybe there's a clue in your event log. Sorry, my crystal ball is down for scheduled maintenance*chuckle

Easy option (hopefully), avoiding use of a possible series of commands:
    Download and install Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), lots of cautious stages beforehand. Observe accordingly.
    Select ONLY network connection repair.
    Run the repair.

If that doesn't work, here's a set of instructions for repairs:

1. Run the built-in Troubleshooter
    Right click the network icon on the Taskbar
    Pick Troubleshoot problems
    Select Identify and repair network problems
    Follow instructions in the troubleshooter

1. Reset networking
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    Copy the lines in the code box below
    Right click in the Command Prompt window to paste
    Code:
    netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetipconfig /renewipconfig /flushdns
    Restart your machine

1. Disable IPv6
    Open Network Connections
    Right click on the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Select Properties
    Scroll down to Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
    Remove the check mark
    Press OK

Restart your machine

1. Reinstall TCP/Pv4
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following command
    netsh int ipv4 install
    exit

Restart your machine

1. Restart Your Network Adapters
    Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Disable

Restart your machine

Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Enable

dalchina, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work

1. Wifi network adapter randomly stops working and needs a computer reset to work - Similar Threads - Wifi network adapter

2. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  3. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset: Every day or two, the internet will randomly stop working. It still works on my phone so I know it's my computer. The troubleshooter doesn't help because wifi no longer appears as an option. The 5g network I was connected to disappears from the list of available networks and...
  4. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset: Every day or two, the internet will randomly stop working. It still works on my phone so I know it's my computer. The troubleshooter doesn't help because wifi no longer appears as an option. The 5g network I was connected to disappears from the list of available networks and...
  5. Wifi randomly stops working and needs network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  7. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  8. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working

Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working: Hi all, Hoping someone can help me as I'm a bit lost with this one. A friend whos laptop I've done some maintenance on has given me another of his friends to do much the same - including upgrade to an SSD and add more RAM. It's a Sony Vaio (VPCEB4J0E). The laptop was...
  10. My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working: I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been acting up. Sometimes it last 3 to 4 days before it quits working.1. Sometimes this is what I do to get it to work. Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc wifi adapter stops working have to reset computer

2. network adapter randomly stops