Windows 10: Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

Discus and support Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I need to reset my wi-fi adapter details are given below: SSID: AMEYA Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivekanandTathavadkar, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

Hi

I need to reset my wi-fi adapter details are given below:

SSID: AMEYA

Protocol: 802.11n

Security type: WPA2-Personal

Network band: 2.4 GHz

Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.

Description: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter

Driver version: 3.0.2.201

Physical address (MAC): 40-F0-2F-99-9F-E1

I use Windows 10 on HP Pavilion laptop. I need to reset this adapter atleast 8 - 10 times in a day. Can you suggest some remedies to solve this issue.

Thanks

:)

VivekanandTathavadkar, Dec 4, 2019
  2. brummyfan Win User

Internet connection drops frequently, requires hard reset to fix

I don't think the router is at fault as you have mentioned that other devices working fine, I'm sure that you have the latest driver for your adapter, go to Device Manager, right click the adapter then select Properties, click Power Management tab, untick "Turn off this device to save power..." box.
    You can also switch to Open DNS or google DNS, open Network & Sharing Centre, click your network, click Properties in WiFi status window(bottom left), highlight "Internet Protocol version IPV4..." and click Properties, change the DNS server as in my snip.
    I'm using Opendns, if you want google dns, it's 8.8.8.8 Primary address and 8.8.4.4 Secondary.
    I would suggest you to leave MTU settings alone for the time being.

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently [​IMG]

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently [​IMG]

brummyfan, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Markyfor Win User

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

Windows 10 wifi adapter connection keeps dropping out frequently, requires a reset to get back online and is very unstable

Windows 10 wifi adapter connection keeps dropping out frequently, requires a reset to get back online and is very unstable, i have changed the power saving setting on the network adapter and this has not helped.

Dropouts have become more frequent since a windows driver update on the 17th july 2017

i use the same wifi connections for various devices using different operating systems, the issue seems to be isolated to the windows10 enviroment.

Please assist

Markyfor, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

1. Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently - Similar Threads - Wifi network adapter

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  5. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  6. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.

My wifi adapter just disconnects very frequently after driver update.: So I bought my wifi adapter about a year ago and it was working perfectly fine. But there was a driver update flash drive that came in the box so I plugged it in and updated the driver about a month ago and ever since then it disconnects like every 5mins then I have to...
  8. Wifi Adapter very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter very slow: Hai, right now i'm using Acer Aspire E14 with additional usb wifi adapter by TOTO LINK, when I using google or youtube with my laptop, sometimes I often experiencing very slow internet speed, it doesn't happened on my smartphone, so I conclude that this must be something...
  9. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently: My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't use this...
  10. Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting

Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting: The problem is just as described. This could be annoying for a number of reasons. For me particularly, I use the pc hotspot as it is useful since my router is on the complete another side of my house and my wifi using devices have a better signal near the pc. However, since...