Windows 10: WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update

Discus and support WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer did a Microsoft update on 9/8 and now my wifi network adapter driver is totally missing. How do I get it back, download a new one or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hg_99, Sep 9, 2020.

1. hg_99 Win User

WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update

My computer did a Microsoft update on 9/8 and now my wifi network adapter driver is totally missing. How do I get it back, download a new one or reverse the update?

:)

hg_99, Sep 9, 2020

2. wirless network adaptor missing after windows update

Hi, recently had automatic update on windows 7 home premium and now can't connect to wifi as network adaptor and wifi miniport missing since update. Tried to download but don't know what I'm doing really. Can anyone help with this please

MattyGiddins, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft hosted Virtual Adaptor is missing from Device manager on Windows 10.

Original Title: network and internet

Microsoft hosted Virtual Adaptor is Missing under Device Manager - Network Adaptors (not shown in list,even not in hidden device. ).how can i get it?

rakesh0701, Sep 9, 2020
  4. WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update

Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update

1. WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update - Similar Threads - WIFI network adaptor

2. Missing wifi option on windows 11 and error on network adaptor not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi option on windows 11 and error on network adaptor not working properly: I am using windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621 on Hp omen laptop dc1093tx. I am having trouble with the network connection on both lan and wifi. I have tried restart, network reset, troubleshooting, cmd commands, driver update and all but the problem is still not resolved....
  3. Missing wifi option on windows 11 and error on network adaptor not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi option on windows 11 and error on network adaptor not working properly: I am using windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621 on Hp omen laptop dc1093tx. I am having trouble with the network connection on both lan and wifi. I have tried restart, network reset, troubleshooting, cmd commands, driver update and all but the problem is still not resolved....
  4. Wifi symbol missing and no networks showing as available despite functioning adaptor with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi symbol missing and no networks showing as available despite functioning adaptor with...: As per title, a month or so ago following an update the wifi symbol disappeared on my laptop - hardware all functioning fine and laptop still connected to remembered networks, but wouldn't show any new ones.This issue also caused other software to believe I was offline and...
  5. Wifi symbol missing and no networks showing as available despite functioning adaptor with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi symbol missing and no networks showing as available despite functioning adaptor with...: As per title, a month or so ago following an update the wifi symbol disappeared on my laptop - hardware all functioning fine and laptop still connected to remembered networks, but wouldn't show any new ones.This issue also caused other software to believe I was offline and...
  6. Network adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  7. Wifi Adaptor

Wifi Adaptor: I have a windows 10 laptop HP that when i plug a USB programming cable in the WIFI adaptor disables. The cable connects to a radio which has an IP address but i have used it fine before with WIFI. Now its treating the cable like its a ethernet cable. Thanks Mike...
  8. Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10

Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10: Hey, I have a problem with my System i.e. I can not connect my system with any wifi or router wirelessly. My System model is DELL Inspiron 3442 [ATTACH] This is my PC having Windows 10 64-bit. Please help me by giving an adapter for connecting my router to my PC. Already...
  9. Network adaptor disappears after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network adaptor disappears after updates: Each time my laptop updates, when I turn it back on, I can't access WiFi. It tells me my only network connection is ethernet. The only way I've been able to fix this issue is by restoring my laptop to a point before the update and doing a network reset. Is there any way to...
  10. wifi adaptor

wifi adaptor: i just bought my laptop, sometimes the internet error when it's pluged in, what happen?, is it my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-adaptor/c7aeccaa-47bb-4235-8c69-d6c1ac9f915d