Windows 10: Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

Discus and support Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The problem is that my wifi network doesn't show up on the available networks list on Windows 10 while i can connect to it on my phone or if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AhmedCHAARI1, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

Hello,

The problem is that my wifi network doesn't show up on the available networks list on Windows 10 while i can connect to it on my phone or if i run the same computer but with Ubuntu.

If anyone could help me understand and solve this problem i'd really appreciate it !

Thank you

:)

AhmedCHAARI1, Oct 18, 2020
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 18, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 ! [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Thema:

Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

1. Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 ! - Similar Threads - Wifi network appears

2. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  3. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  4. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi SSID doesn't appear in list for new router; connects in Linux

WiFi SSID doesn't appear in list for new router; connects in Linux: Old router was bricked in a power outage, and the replacement is a newer model. However, my laptop is unable to find the network. Other neighboring networks show up in the list, and I am able to connect when I boot into Linux. Changing power options/reinstalling the driver...
  6. Wifi Network Not Appearing

Wifi Network Not Appearing: Hi, I have seen this issue before and no solution listed has helped. I recently bought a new computer - its Cyberpower - and it came with the latest Windows. However, it can not detect my wifi network despite the fact that my MacBook, iPhone, and even TV are able to...
  7. network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network

network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network: I'm using home WiFi to connect to two devices: a Dell desktop PC PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. One of the files that I want to share is the KeePass password manager database. It uses a "trigger" mechanism to synchronize changes to the database. I initially tried using...
  8. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.: I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS) submitted by /u/mapel_pizza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd5gvb/windows_doesnt_show_me_wifi_network_name_but_it/
  9. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  10. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...