Windows 10: Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

Discus and support Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The problem is that my wifi network doesn't show up on the available networks list on Windows 10 while i can connect to it on my phone or if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AhmedCHAARI1, Oct 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM.

1. Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

Hello,

The problem is that my wifi network doesn't show up on the available networks list on Windows 10 while i can connect to it on my phone or if i run the same computer but with Ubuntu.

If anyone could help me understand and solve this problem i'd really appreciate it !

Thank you

:)

AhmedCHAARI1, Oct 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 ! [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

4. Bree Win User

Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Thema:

Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 !

1. Wifi network appears on phone and when running Linux but doesn't show on Windows 10 ! - Similar Threads - Wifi network appears

2. Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10: Please someone help. When I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar, it shows up only saying network and internet settings and nothing else. I am not able to connect and even see any wifi wifi nenetworks. When I go to the settings and click on available wifi networks it shows...
  3. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.: I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS) submitted by /u/mapel_pizza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd5gvb/windows_doesnt_show_me_wifi_network_name_but_it/
  4. Unknown phone device appearing in network

Unknown phone device appearing in network: I have an unknown phone device appearing under a network view and just disappears after about 1 minute. it is not pingable and with no ip address. [ATTACH] A day before it had a different name and mac. [ATTACH]...
  5. New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New WiFi network not appearing on available networks: We just got a new internet service at home and the network is not appearing on the “available networks” tab. A bunch of other networks that are not this one are appearing. I looked up troubleshooting tips on my phone and none of them solved the problem. I don’t know what to...
  6. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  7. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network: Dear All, I have a problem with WIFI profiles. Windows 10 memorize only the last WIFI network to which I was connected. When I connect to a WIFI, I have to insert Password and the previous WIFI network disappear from Known Network list. In other words I see only one...
  9. Phone not showing in Network

Phone not showing in Network: Hello all, This scenario has had me perplexed for the past few days, it's not so much an issue; rather the fact I do not understand. As it is now, both my smartphone and PC are connected to the same private WiFi network, now what I have discovered is any other computers,...
  10. Wifi Networks not showing

Wifi Networks not showing: On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar. Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection...