Windows 10: Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

Discus and support Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i turn on the laptop, the connectivity is okay, the problem starts while i was trying to search anything in google chrome or i was trying to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerald Abraham, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

When i turn on the laptop, the connectivity is okay, the problem starts while i was trying to search anything in google chrome or i was trying to run any online game. The wifi is prompting to off, when i was trying to reconnect it showed "Can't connect to this network". I have tried to uninstall network adapters driver and restart my laptop, and the connection is back to normal. But while i was trying to use the internet or run online game again the wifi keeps prompting to shut off. Fyi i just updated windows definition updates [Security Intellegence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.323.149.0]. I think it's the root of the problem.

:)

Gerald Abraham, Aug 30, 2020
  2. coffent Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

As you suggested, I tried disabling the ethernet adapter and that caused wi-fi to connect, so the desktop wifi does work. Also, I accessed the router and changed the wireless network name (to wfCHS). Thanks!

However many problems are still unresolved:

My laptop behaves just as I want it to. Assuming the router has wifi turned on and the laptop has an ethernet connection, connection to the internet is by ethernet (no private network name), and the wi-fi connection is to my private network "wfCHS", but with no connection to the internet. (If I disconnect the ethernet cable, then wfCHS becomes connected to the internet and stays that way even if I reconnect the cable.) A directory listing shows both laptop and desktop under "Network". Great!

Things are rather different with the desktop. With Ethernet disabled, the desktop shows a wi-fi connection to the internet. Under Settings > Status it's called "wfCHS" but under Network Connections it's called wfCHS2. If I then re-enable the ethernet connection, the wifi connection stays enabled for a minute or two, then disconnects. Further, the ethernet connection is given the name wfCHS2 under both Status and Network Connections.

Why does the desktop give an (unwanted) name to the ethernet connection while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop disconnect its wi-fi connection a minute or so after the ethernet connection is enabled, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop give two different names to the wifi connection, depending on whether it's viewed under Status or Network Connections, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the laptop show the desktop under Network, while the desktop shows only itself?

Things are so convoluted that I'd be happy to start over. I've had the desktop "forget" the wi-fi connection as you suggested, then re-established it, but this hasn't helped. Can the ethernet connection also be "forgotten"?

Really appreciate the help you've given so far!

coffent, Aug 30, 2020
  3. legend383 Win User
    "Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

1. Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off - Similar Threads - Wifi network Connectivity

2. Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter: Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my wifi lately. It’s been happening for two weeks and now its the worst it’s ever been. My wifi randomly disconnects and when i try to reconnect, none of my local wifi connections show up. This only happens to my computer, everyone else in...
  3. wifi network is not displaying in coomand prompt

wifi network is not displaying in coomand prompt: hi if i check with command prompt by typing netsh wlan show profile in my system its showing me currently connected network apart from that its not showing the remaining wifi networks so please help me with any options or do the needfull...
  4. WIFI and Network Connection

WIFI and Network Connection: Hi On clicking on the wifi icon on the tray, the wifi tab open with a breaking UI. Also the network and internet setting is crashing. it doesn't opens [ATTACH]...
  5. wifi network connection

wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  6. Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi: Laptop is a pretty old ASUS running windows 10. By old i mean maybe 2016-2017. I was using it just fine yesterday, but all of a sudden it started doing this. Here are a few things I have tried: disabled the adapter for a few minutes then reenabled it reset my wifi through...
  7. RE: Wifi Network "Can't Connect to This Network" Prompt

RE: Wifi Network "Can't Connect to This Network" Prompt: Greetings, Using Windows 10 Pro, I'm no longer able to secure an internet connection via WiFi. The ethernet connect is fine. The Qualcomm Atheros wireless network adaptor is functioning fine per testing, therefore, the issue is not hardware related. Windows performed an...
  8. Network with wifi connection

Network with wifi connection: Good day.. I need help with my computer I am accommodated at a place that has wifi but my computer only stays connected for like 10 seconds …. and when you stream something or are on Netflix it needs you to troubleshoot it and then it only stay connected for like 10 seconds...
  9. Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting: my wifi adapters are not working after a recent update. Whenever i try to connect its like my adapter is unplugged and plugged back in and it shows that i am not connected and no connections available but ive tried 2 different adapters ive downloaded new drivers and tried all...
  10. Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU

Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU: Running Windows 10 x64 Home Edition Fall Creators Update with the latest updates on a ASUS G74SX-3DE notebook using the latest drivers for Intel 7260-AC Mini-PCIe 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth adapter. Prior to Fall Creators Update, everything is working fine. However with Fall...