Windows 10: Wifi Network Drivers not working

Discus and support Wifi Network Drivers not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple days ago I updated my Intel Wifi 9560 driver, and it completely broke my networking system. I've tried many things Run Troubleshooter, Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by s s_Dat h, Jun 7, 2023.

1. s s_Dat h Win User

Wifi Network Drivers not working

A couple days ago I updated my Intel Wifi 9560 driver, and it completely broke my networking system. I've tried many things Run Troubleshooter, Network Troubleshooter, ipconfig and netsh cmd, reinstalling drivers, safemode removing then reinstalling drivers, even bought a wifi dongle, but it won't let me connect online, or show available networks,or even sgow up in networking centerI noticed for the main network drivers they had error 56, while the Virtual MS wifi drivers had another error of it not being enabled. Pictured here: Pics of errorsThe PC is a 2018 Dell G5 15 i7 LaptopOther than f

:)

s s_Dat h, Jun 7, 2023
  2. FrKasqar Win User

Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

Hi FreeBooter, I already came across this article and followed the steps with no results, I came across other articles that suggested the same steps but still nothing has worked? Thanks for the reply.

FrKasqar, Jun 7, 2023
  3. wifi network recconnects automatically to another wifi network.............

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uncheck the option to automatically connect to the network (networkprofile~), try to remove the connection by choosing forget connection and check if it helps.

Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Wi-Fi network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Davidk Win User

Getting wiFi working under migrated windows 10

Thanks to all for all the suggestions. Bottom line, I have gotten it to work after a number of "ups and downs", but there is a story to it and in the hope someone else may learn from it, I'll outline it below. And there is a critical step.

My test condition was to connect to a smart phone set up as a wifi hotspot, accessing the net from the HP laptop via that wifi connection and then the mobile phone network. This had also been tested in the win7 days over christmas 2021 during an extended broadband outage (an electrical storm surge destroyed the modem router, so I had about 10 days waiting for a new one to arrive. Meanwhile, wifi to the net via the hotspot). So I knew that worked.

1. The un-changed driver did not respond to the Fn+F12 suggestion.
    2. Google searching on the AR9485 adapter got a range of answers, one of which took me to the HP support site. The responses were all of the form "are there any win10 drivers for this adapter?" One user on the HP forum (same adapter, different laptop model) was so pissed off that he plugged in a wifi dongle and got a working connection that way. At this point I'd concluded that this would be my alternate method if the integral wifi system on my HP could not be gotten to work under win10.

Despite my search efforts, a geek colleague found a win10 driver for the AR9485 adapter at a site, screenshot (AR9485 driver update) attached. This covers a number of adapters so I've underlined the one I needed. Pressed the green button and downloaded it.
    Extracted the driver, installed by executing the athw10x.inf file that was in the archive and tried it out. Device manager showed the updated driver version and supposedly working, . . . screenshot (driver updated) attached.

Still nothing worked. But in looking at the network settings, wifi page, apart from showing no wifi networks to connect to, it said the wifi was off. Manually starting it was an option but how was unstated. Then I noted the wifi slider at a different part of the page: it was off. So I manually slid it to on: screenshot 'network settings Aug22' of this critical step attached. And then things started working. With the wifi manually on, the laptop now detected a number of wifi networks, screenshot 'network settings_2 Aug22' attached. This latter image also shows the LAN broadband connection also attached (network 5); after connecting to the hotspot and removing that LAN connection, I was able to test the wifi via the hotspot using the browser (several news pages) and the email package (several email accounts, inboxes).

The F12 wifi on/off key also now works correctly. And the critical item was turning wifi on in the windows settings page.

Thanks to all, again.

David

Davidk, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Wifi Network Drivers not working - Similar Threads - Wifi Network Drivers

2. Wifi Network Drivers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Drivers not working: A couple days ago I updated my Intel Wifi 9560 driver, and it completely broke my networking system. I've tried many things Run Troubleshooter, Network Troubleshooter, ipconfig and netsh cmd, reinstalling drivers, safemode removing then reinstalling drivers, even bought a...
  3. Wifi Network Drivers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Drivers not working: A couple days ago I updated my Intel Wifi 9560 driver, and it completely broke my networking system. I've tried many things Run Troubleshooter, Network Troubleshooter, ipconfig and netsh cmd, reinstalling drivers, safemode removing then reinstalling drivers, even bought a...
  4. Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.: Hi, I have a problem with my cudy we3000s device which uses intel wi-fi 6e ax210 160mhz drivers.The drivers were installed procto from the manufacturer's website - they did not work.Have uninstalled and installed via Intel Driver & Support Assistant - still not working. Tried...
  5. Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.: Hi, I have a problem with my cudy we3000s device which uses intel wi-fi 6e ax210 160mhz drivers.The drivers were installed procto from the manufacturer's website - they did not work.Have uninstalled and installed via Intel Driver & Support Assistant - still not working. Tried...
  6. Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers: I recently reset my network on windows 10 settings, I thought it would help but it didn’t so now every time I turn on my pc or restart it I have to keep reinstalling the current network adapter drivers so that WiFi options show up, is there any way to fix this? When I check...
  8. Network/wifi/drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network/wifi/drivers: Hi, on feb 18 2021 i booted my computer off then back on later in the day, i looked at my wifi and all there was, was a sound icon with a small red x. When i click the icon it brings up a page saying “looks like you arent connected to the internet. Im currenty using...
  9. Network WIFI Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network WIFI Drivers: Doing a fresh install windows 10 .When installing it cant connect and no drivers are installed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-wifi-drivers/469e6a67-0099-4d54-bfed-dcf8b0e974cc
  10. Network driver disappearing making wifi not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network driver disappearing making wifi not working: I was forced to update my windows a few weeks ago and ever since ive had nothing but problems with a laptop thats never had any. The adaptor seems to keep cutting off in device manager it keeps updating itself... I watch as the Intel dual band wireless disappears and makes...