Windows 10: Wifi/ network issues with my new laptop. Pls help

Discus and support Wifi/ network issues with my new laptop. Pls help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Guys I am stuck in a really peculiar situation please help me out. I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi and had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omshukla1, Oct 28, 2020.

1. omshukla1 Win User

Wifi/ network issues with my new laptop. Pls help

Guys I am stuck in a really peculiar situation please help me out.

I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi and had no trouble in doing so, but after using it for around 2 min, the laptop stopped receiving internet. I thought it was a issue with the router so I checked my phone which was connected to the same Wi-Fi, to my surprise the phone was receiving 10mb/s network speed. I waited for for a while, thinking the problem would resolve by itself but it never did. The laptop simply did not work on the home wifi while the my phone was operating on the Wi-Fi the entire time. I thus assumed that the problem resided in the laptop. But later I connected my laptop with my mobile hotspot, the laptop was working like a charm and was receiving signal upto 5mb/s.

So the problem is not in the laptop but also not in the Wi-Fi so why is such situation arising and how to solve it because I cannot depend fully on my mobile hotspot.

:)

omshukla1, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Tim P. Win User

WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi/ network issues with my new laptop. Pls help - Similar Threads - Wifi network issues

2. Pls help me my laptop don't have troubleshooting problem network and Internet or WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help me my laptop don't have troubleshooting problem network and Internet or WiFi: I am tired click network and Internet run troubleshooting saying keep get help and network and internet cant run troubleshooting why there saying you are not connected to any network and when my WiFi is turn off why saying no Internet and righ click why only network and...
  3. Pls help me my laptop don't have troubleshooting problem network and Internet or WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pls help me my laptop don't have troubleshooting problem network and Internet or WiFi: I am tired click network and Internet run troubleshooting saying keep get help and network and internet cant run troubleshooting why there saying you are not connected to any network and when my WiFi is turn off why saying no Internet and righ click why only network and...
  4. my laptop is been funky pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is been funky pls help: Error:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 124Parameter 1: 10Parameter 2: ffffb78ac5dc2028Parameter 3: ffffb78ab3bebb2cParameter 4: ffffb78ab32e51a0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22631.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033Extra...
  5. Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.: Hello guys I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi network and had no problem doing so, but after using it for about 2 minutes, the laptop stopped receiving internet. I thought it was a problem with the router, so I checked my tablet that it was...
  6. Wifi Icon Not Showing Pls Help

Wifi Icon Not Showing Pls Help: When I started my laptop it showed in the login page but when I got to desktop in the taskbar it didn't showed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-showing-pls-help/865f98a3-fc80-478a-aaa5-61db27f87001
  7. I am unable to search for networks using my WiFi pls help

I am unable to search for networks using my WiFi pls help: When i open my wifi it is unable to search for networks hence i am unable to use wifi networks it is only connecting to internet via lan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-search-for-networks-using-my-wifi/0bbe4e8f-2fca-4225-a202-b4016b265067
  8. My Wifi is officially gone. Help pls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Wifi is officially gone. Help pls: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkArbalist613 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftckwb/my_wifi_is_officially_gone_help_pls/
  9. WiFi issues with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi issues with my new laptop: [ATTACH] I recently got a new laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S540), it's great, runs great, doesn't hang on tasks, but I've been having some issues with WiFi, presumably. It's actually very odd, and symptoms vary. Sometimes, the WiFi keeps dropping, sometimes it won't connect to...
  10. Issue connecting to new WiFi Networks

Issue connecting to new WiFi Networks: I have been having issues with my laptop. I have an HP Envy DV7 Model: C2N70UA It was turned off for a few months, and when I turned it back on found out I could not connect to the internet, it gave a "connected no internet" message, but if I hovered over the wifi icon...