Windows 10: Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Discus and support Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, Running the latest version of Win 10 on an HP laptop. A few days ago I applied the latest Win 10 monthly patches. Now my Android hotspot wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by m3110w, Mar 16, 2017.

1. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Hi All, Running the latest version of Win 10 on an HP laptop. A few days ago I applied the latest Win 10 monthly patches. Now my Android hotspot wifi network is no longer appearing in my Win 10 Network list. (Android Nexus 5x running latest version of Android).

I rebooted my Android and my laptop but still not working.

Anyone else have this problem? I did some google searching and searched this forum and didn't find anything.

Thanks,

:)

m3110w, Mar 16, 2017

2. Not listing all the wifi signals available

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. I use an external wifi adapter in my lenovo z570 laptop. I am able to connect to a wifi network but my laptop is not listing all the wifi signals available so that i can choose which one to connect. But it automatically
    connects to one particular wifi nerwork. Where to find the list of networks available ? It was fine 8.1 but the problem appeared in win 10.

rohithnallamaddi, Mar 16, 2017
  3. November Update 1511 - WiFi issue - WiFi keeps disconnecting with several errors

I also see this issue on the Surface Pro 3. It appears to have been introduced with December patches. WiFi cuts out shortly after logging in. Network Adapter troubleshooting indicates that there is a missing internet protocol, but troubleshooting tools is
    unable to fix this. After Das Reboot, the SP3 is able to reconnect for a short time. Only work around is to roll back December patches, as far as I see.

I should note, that I am running the slow ring insider build with Visual Studio and recently added the WM10 emulator. Again, all of this works fine before the December Windows patches came in.

BrianPartridge, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Might try the Windows Network reset.

Start => Settings => Network and Internet

Scroll to bottom of right hand side. This will cause it to forget all stored passwords.

Please create a restore point and may be even a Macrium Reflect Image. Always want a way back.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 16, 2017
  5. m3110w Win User
    Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Mar 18, 2017
  6. Great. Of interest, does your laptop have a radio that can operate on 5Ghz band?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 18, 2017
  7. m3110w Win User
    I think so cuz until the recent problem my Android Nexus 5x was connecting fine to my laptop for a year or more. And it seems my Android was running 5ghz wifi the whole time. My Win 10 laptop is only about 18 months old so I'm pretty sure it has all the standard common wifi freq bands.

m3110w, Mar 18, 2017
  8. Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

If you go into your device manager and get the wireless adapter maker and model you can check online.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

1. Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch - Similar Threads - Wifi network appearing

2. Wifi Network Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Network Not Appearing: Hi, I have seen this issue before and no solution listed has helped. I recently bought a new computer - its Cyberpower - and it came with the latest Windows. However, it can not detect my wifi network despite the fact that my MacBook, iPhone, and even TV are able to...
  3. No wifi networks appearing after turning off autoconfiguration for wifi.

No wifi networks appearing after turning off autoconfiguration for wifi.: Hi all, I was having large ping spikes for a long time and I finally fixed it after entering this into command promptnetsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection" This fixed the issue, but after entering it no wifi networks were appearing so...
  4. Wifi not working after a month..

Wifi not working after a month..: When I look in the Devise Manager the Wifi adapter is missing. How can I restore the adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-working-after-a-month/9c359411-3401-416b-ad58-57cf4c13d831
  5. 'No WiFi Network found'...several months

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'No WiFi Network found'...several months: One fine day, several months ago, all the networks disappeared and only shows "no wifi network found". The wifi network is working on all other devices but my HP laptop with Windows 10. I have tried rolling back the driver, unintstalling and reinstalling the driver, disabling...
  6. Forget WIFI in Win 10 but appear again

Forget WIFI in Win 10 but appear again: Forget WIFI in Win 10 but appear again. Anyone know what kind of magic is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forget-wifi-in-win-10-but-appear-again/9c267725-4940-4be8-b067-8dfd47f69e1e
  7. Cannot locate wifi networks after recent windows 10 updates

Cannot locate wifi networks after recent windows 10 updates: My network connections have gone, are not visible or present. I get Telstra Air & Fon, as well as the neighbourhood networks. I have restarted, rebooted, updated, refreshed and attempted any & all options...HELP!!!...
  8. Windows 10 Monthly Patches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Monthly Patches: In an attempt to keep my Windows 10 Pro up to date, I bookmark in my browser the Knowledge Base page of the recently installed patch - For example: Patch - November 13, 2018—KB4467702 (OS Build 17134.407) Bookmark -...
  9. network and wifi drivers not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    network and wifi drivers not working after recent update: network and wifi drivers not working after recent update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/network-and-wifi-drivers-not-working-after-recent/bf734ad9-c56a-427a-8ef8-58eb3f3ecdb3
  10. Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.: Hi Everyone. I have a few intel PC sticks (5 total) Pro Stick x5-Z8350 4GB 64GB Windows 10 Pro - Black - SC3-X5PRO | Mwave.com.au REcently they went thru the automatic Windows 10 upgrade and now the Wifi adapter is nowhere to be found. I have been able to get 1 to work...