Windows 10: wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

Discus and support wifi network not appearing in list of available networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by calicojackrack, Aug 24, 2021.

1. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show up, it's just that this one does not for some reason. I've already: reset my network, made sure network discovering is on, restarted the router, restarted my computer. None of this works, the network I need just is not showing up. Are there any other methods I can take to make this work?

:)

calicojackrack, Aug 24, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Aug 24, 2021
  4. m3110w Win User

wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

1. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks - Similar Threads - wifi network appearing

2. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  3. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  4. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  6. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  7. Available Wifi Networks List

8. New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New WiFi network not appearing on available networks: We just got a new internet service at home and the network is not appearing on the “available networks” tab. A bunch of other networks that are not this one are appearing. I looked up troubleshooting tips on my phone and none of them solved the problem. I don’t know what to...
  9. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...