Windows 10: Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Discus and support Wifi Network Not Showing in List in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cynthia Moore, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Hello,

We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the router/network name listed on my PC desktop that is running Windows 10.

I have restarted the desktop, turned the WiFi itself off and on. My chromebook is sitting right next to my desktop and I a just don't understand what the issue is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Cynthia Moore, Sep 7, 2018

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 7, 2018
  3. mizkhan Win User
    WiFi icon on the toolbar not showing the list of available networks

when I right click on my WiFi icon on the tool bar it used to show me a list of available networks to connect but now its showing me blank list.

Please Help

mizkhan, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Broadcast WIFI Network Not Showing Up in Network List

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you’re able to view the WIFI network, when you scan for the available network?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

1) Press Windows key + x key and select Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting.

3) Select Network and Internet, click Internet Connections.

4) Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update network driver.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Network Not Showing in List

1. Wifi Network Not Showing in List - Similar Threads - Wifi Network Showing

2. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  3. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  4. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  5. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  6. Available WIFI not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. 5G wifi wont show up on list of networks

5G wifi wont show up on list of networks: My PC is not recognizing my home wifi network's 5G Spectrum. Yes, my PC is 5G compatible but my PC is not picking up the 5G network. Looked at the network adaptors and tried to find the 802.11n mode to see if it was disabled, but there was no option there with that label....
  8. WiFi not showing up on available network list...

WiFi not showing up on available network list...: I have done the appropriate troubleshooting and updated my computer, Dell, Windows 10, rebooted everything... Consistently, I am not getting my router to show up on available networks. I have a dozen or so other devices and computer on wifi now and my computer works on all...
  9. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  10. All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list: Hi Team, For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc Laptop and mobile are in same room Laptop connected to wifi A Mobile connected to wifi A all of sudden Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for...