Windows 10: WiFi network not showing or connecting

Discus and support WiFi network not showing or connecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My acer laptop runs win10 .I usually use internet by connecting with wifi.But now it is neither showing any network nor connecting.I have run network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Goutam2000, Nov 10, 2018.

1. WiFi network not showing or connecting

My acer laptop runs win10 .I usually use internet by connecting with wifi.But now it is neither showing any network nor connecting.I have run network trouble shooter .It asks to turn on wireless capability.But it is already on .I disabled wireless and enable it again.But same problem persist .I also have tried network reset but nothing happen.

:)

Goutam2000, Nov 10, 2018
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

WiFi network not showing or connecting [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. legend383 Win User
    "Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Gorgo Win User

WiFi network not showing or connecting

Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

Product Name: Hp Omen 15
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
    Wifi card: Intel Wireless-N 7260

Hi guys,
    since some days my wifi has stopped working.
    If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE (max two) NETWORK:

And I live in a building with 20+ networks, as you can see from WiFi Analyzer (I'm the red one on the right)

If I deactive/reactive Wifi with fn+f12, it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and it eventually shows all the networks:

My Wifi is on the top. If it's saved, Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection; if it's not saved and I try to connect, it says "You're not able to connect to this network".
    The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed (probably the neighbour one..I dunno).

I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for 10/15sec with the laptop turned off.
    I've already tried to follow these instructions (HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support) updating drivers (Intel 18.12.0.3, 18.12.1.2, 18.30.0.9 [Windows 10 default], 18.32.0 [Lastest drivers]) with no success. Everytime I install a new drivers, I uninstalled the previous one + Wireless software + reboot.

I tried to uncheked "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" on my Wifi hardware settings without success.

The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi (Really? The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list!).

This is not related to a new Windows 10 upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem :/ It always worked
    WiFi network not showing or connecting 16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I tried different settings too:
    I changed channel, I set 802.11g on my router, APSD off on the router.
    I set "Magic packet off, ad hoc QoS off, U-APSD off, fat channel off,incremental throughput off, HT mode off" on the card setting without success. Nothing chaned.

The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure.

Note carefully: If I go close to the router, it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it. Then I go back to my bedroom (probably 3/4 meters far), it KEEPS the connection for 30/40min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore. It always worked perfectly in my room in these months (I bought it in March 2015), so the distance is not a problem, I'm 6/7m far from the router.
    In this case It shows my Network (Connected) and the neighbour network...and the other 20+ networks???

The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus 5.

Linux: I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya (Ubuntu linux based OS) and it shows 20+ networks available on the list. It has not connection problem with my Wifi, but sometimes it stops working, the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it (usually after 30/40min using it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the problem? Is my Wifi card broken? Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion?

Gorgo, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

WiFi network not showing or connecting

1. WiFi network not showing or connecting - Similar Threads - WiFi network showing

2. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  3. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  4. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI Network Not Showing

WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  6. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections: For some reason my laptop won’t connect to internet and I don’t how to fix it because my wifi won’t show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-doesnt-show-up-in-network-connections/3c54996e-fd75-4f2c-bee3-b65c331e02ad
  7. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections: For some reason my laptop won’t connect to internet and I don’t how to fix it because my wifi won’t show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-doesnt-show-up-in-network-connections/3c54996e-fd75-4f2c-bee3-b65c331e02ad
  8. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

9. WiFi not showing under Network Connections

WiFi not showing under Network Connections: Above is my available Network Connections. I have been using ethernet for 10 years, but now I moved and need to connect to my new WiFi wireless instead of with Ethernet. I've watched all the videos regarding this subject and none is working. Any way to make the WiFi network...
  10. HELP! Unable to connect to Wifi (showing no networks)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Unable to connect to Wifi (showing no networks): I’m trying to connect to wifi but it tells me I am not connected to any networks and when I trouble shoot it tells me I have a problem with my INTEL (R) witless Ac 9560 adapter. I uninstalled it and installed it to no avail, also did a hard shut down which didn’t help either....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you connect to wifi network that is not offered