Windows 10: WiFi networking

Discus and support WiFi networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the last windows update all my wifi network locations that were private have now changed to public. How do I change them back? They are private... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robertl129, May 1, 2019.

1. WiFi networking

After the last windows update all my wifi network locations that were private have now changed to public. How do I change them back? They are private lan connections. So I am not sure why they have now been labled public?

:)

robertl129, May 1, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, May 1, 2019
  3. Tim P. Win User
    WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., May 1, 2019
  4. sinplify Win User

WiFi networking

Only 1 WiFi network

My network list on my phone:

WiFi networking [​IMG]

My windows network list:

WiFi networking [​IMG]

sinplify, May 1, 2019
Thema:

WiFi networking

1. WiFi networking - Similar Threads - WiFi networking

2. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  3. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  4. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  5. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  6. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  7. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  8. Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe: HiI have trouble with my daughter's computer.For some reason it BSOD several times per day when working on certain location wifi. When using the network sharing from Iphone, there is no problem. When using network from university, there is BSOD. There is also a Cisco Secure...
  9. Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe

Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe: HiI have trouble with my daughter's computer.For some reason it BSOD several times per day when working on certain location wifi. When using the network sharing from Iphone, there is no problem. When using network from university, there is BSOD. There is also a Cisco Secure...
  10. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zero wifi networks: got a new pcwindows 10 proi'm typing this on my old laptop, trying to connect to the wifi except there are zero available networks even though there are on my laptop.there are no wifi on/off or mobile hotspot buttons just a greyed out airplane mode. troubleshooting only gives...