Windows 10: WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere

Discus and support WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having BSoD problems recently, so I decided to make a scan using sfc /scannow in the command prompt. Due to some complications I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Guillermo Espinoza, Nov 14, 2019.

1. WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere

I've been having BSoD problems recently, so I decided to make a scan using sfc /scannow in the command prompt.

Due to some complications I had to close the window midway, and since then I'm not able to connect to wireless networks.

On the network list on the lower right, normally there's a button for turning WiFi on and off and Airplane mode. This WiFi button doesn't show up anymore. On the Network Connections tab in the control panel only my Ethernet cable shows up, so I can't check WiFi properties.

I also checked Network and Internet, and the WiFi tab is not there either.

WLAN AutoConfig is running and in Device Manager all of my network adapters are enabled. Of course I tried re-starting the computer multiple times and already finished said scan I mentioned before, and still no solution seems to work. I also tried logging into different users and all accounts seem to have this problem.

What can I do to fix this?

:)

Guillermo Espinoza, Nov 14, 2019
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Nov 14, 2019
  4. WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere

1. WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere - Similar Threads - WiFi Networks Don't

2. WIFI network not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI network not showing up: HelloI have a gaming PC and have an issue where I cannot seem to get my WiFi connection to show up.It was working absolutely fine until today when I installed a further M2 SSD into my motherboard Asus x570-eWhen I booted, I had no WiFi available and the M2 drive didn't come...
  3. WIFI network not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI network not showing up: HelloI have a gaming PC and have an issue where I cannot seem to get my WiFi connection to show up.It was working absolutely fine until today when I installed a further M2 SSD into my motherboard Asus x570-eWhen I booted, I had no WiFi available and the M2 drive didn't come...
  4. Wifi don't show in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi don't show in Network & Internet settings: I often have this problem when the computer in sleepafter open again I often see thisI can't connect to any wifi and I need to restart the computerI feel annoyed about this problem because it appears quite a few times and of course I always have to restart the computer...
  5. No wifi networks show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi networks show up: I don’t know much about computer software. I’ve been really confused lately with my pc. I fiddled around with some settings and I think I messed it up pretty bad. What do I do? submitted by /u/GoldenBlob [link] [comments]...
  6. Wifi networks won't show show up

Wifi networks won't show show up: When I click on the wifi icon on the task bar to choose a network it doesn't show any networks. It says network and internet and has airplane mode as the only option but I can't click it. This started after an update I did in may. I tried to find a way to fix it but I...
  7. No WiFi networks showing up

No WiFi networks showing up: I turned a bunch of things in services.msc from automatic to manual so my computer would run better and now no networks are showing up and I cant follow other tutorials on how to fix because they require you to download stuff and I cant download stuff without internet and I...
  8. WiFi networks not showing up

WiFi networks not showing up: On version 1903 I’m having an issue where if I turn off my WiFi (or out it on airplane mode) and turn the option back on it won’t find any WiFi networks. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but it’s so damn infuriating. submitted by /u/mariofan426 [link]...
  9. Available Wifi networks don't show up

Available Wifi networks don't show up: [ATTACH] Hi all, The problem is, hopefully, quite minor (but since I'd wanted to add two images, I decided to make a post instead of posting to the thread). Whenever I press the network logo in my taskbar, all available networks come up for about three seconds and then...
  10. WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray

WIFI Networks not showing up in the network tray: I just upgraded to windows 10 via windows updater tool (available on microsoft's official website). I'm using an external adapter i.e. TP-LINK-WN722N to connect to the wifi network because apparently, the router is located far off from where I use my laptop. The problem is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi network not showing up windows 10