Windows 10: Wifi networks not being listed

Discus and support Wifi networks not being listed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by csqm, Nov 30, 2023.

1. csqm Win User

Wifi networks not being listed

I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching to a new ISP with a new network, and I have no way of connecting to a new unknown wifi network. I have confirmed using multiple devices that there are in fact multiple networks available, it's just my device being buggy. I've gotten this issue from a windows update. It's been 3 months and no recent update has fixed this bu

:)

2. Blisk Win User

List availible wifi networks with powershell

I always use elevated cmd and I tested it again it is the same on other computer. Point is if you are not connected to wifi you get all listed if you are connected to one wifi you get only tht one. But you must not click icon on taskbar for wifis for a minute. All networks are availible all the time Also I have no restrictions. C:\>netsh wlan show filters Allow list on the system (group policy) --------------------------------------- <None> Allow list on the system (user) ------------------------------- <None> Block list on the system (group policy) --------------------------------------- <None> Block list on the system (user) ------------------------------- <None> - - - Updated - - -
    when I use this line tha yes I get all wifis

Blisk, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User

So you are seeing all networks when using the command. Is it possible that the other networks have become unavailable during that 30 seconds? Have you checked the list shown in the Taskbar popup at the same time as using the command? You can check both at the same time using this combined command Code:
    Wifi networks not being listed 870d1646981940t-list-availible-wifi-networks-powershell-netsh-wlan-show-networks-taskbar-list-v2.png
    Denis

4. Try3 Win User

I ran the command
    Wifi networks not being listed 361891d1647007535t-list-availible-wifi-networks-powershell-1.png
    I went away and made a pot of coffee then came back to the computer, checked that two minutes had passed and ran the command again
    Wifi networks not being listed 361892d1647007576t-list-availible-wifi-networks-powershell-2.png
    and I then clicked as soon as I could on the Taskbar, Network icon to bring up the list
    Wifi networks not being listed 361893d1647007611t-list-availible-wifi-networks-powershell-3.png
    and I also ran the NirSoft WiFiInfo tool I mentioned earlier to show relative signal strengths.
    Wifi networks not being listed 361894d1647007652t-list-availible-wifi-networks-powershell-4.png
    Are you getting a lot of fading in & out of WiFi signal strength by any chance? Are you on 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Is fading what's leading to the symptoms you see? You can monitor fading by watching the Taskbar, Network icon or by using NirSoft WiFiInfo tool, which I find easier because [as in my illustration] it can be sorted by signal strength so you can see networks flicking up & down the list. Denis

Thema:

1. Wifi networks not being listed - Similar Threads - Wifi networks being

2. Wifi networks not being listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi networks not being listed: I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching...
  3. network adapter/wifi networks not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter/wifi networks not being detected: Since putting together a computer a few weeks ago, Windows 10 has been, for some reason, unable to detect the network adapter that I have installed/connected and WiFi networks not showing despite booting into Manjaro and networks successfully showing up there the computer is...
  4. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  5. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  6. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  8. Wifi networks not being shown

Wifi networks not being shown: I am unable to see the list of network and when I click on taskbar network setting button it does not respond. When i right click on the icon and open network and internet settings and then try to click show available networks click doesnt work.what is the issue ? I have...
  9. Odd Wifi network list

Odd Wifi network list: Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...