Windows 10: Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works

Discus and support Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for more than 10 years without any issues. About 2 years ago, I got a gaming PC and I set up everything as needed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Asad Zeeshan, May 14, 2020.

1. Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works

Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for more than 10 years without any issues. About 2 years ago, I got a gaming PC and I set up everything as needed. The Wifi worked fine and everything went smoothly, however, recently an issue arose that I have been trying to fix to no avail.

All of my wifi networks disappeared from the connect to a network tab, and only ethernet seemed to work. I checked in the device manager, and it showed that Ipv6 was disabld and Ipv4 was enabled. I have looked at every youtube video and every guide online, and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my network software. Nothing seems to work. If i disconncet my ethernet cord, no wifi networks appear whatsoever.

Another issue I have is that my wifi randomly disconnects at different times I am playing a video game or doing work. This is a constant nuisance, because it disconnects for about 20 seconds then reconnects. This doesn't affect any of my other devices, only my PC which is connected to an ethernet cord. I need help fixing these, thank you.

:)

Asad Zeeshan, May 14, 2020
  2. GeorgeD55 Win User

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, May 14, 2020
  3. matake Win User
    configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, May 14, 2020
  4. revdrw Win User

Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

Fart

Brandon,

I don't know what I mean. YES ON WIF i can connect to the internet, but you cannot connect to anthing plugged into the same WIFI ROUTER with CAT5 Cable ethernet. My MacBook Pro has WIFI and ehternet, ethernet wont work, but wifi will. My Dell does not have wifi, and I cannot connect to the network or internet at all. As I mentioned, I changed the WIFI Router about a week ago, problem solved, for 3-4 days, now ethernet to the new router does not work again.

revdrw, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works

1. Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works - Similar Threads - Wifi Networks showing

2. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  3. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  4. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet: Hello,In desperate need of help-I have an MSI Raider GE66 11UG with the following specs that does not connect to the internet when using wifi, however ethernet works fine. This issue occurs on all wifi networks and im confident it is an issue with my machine whether software...
  6. wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet: Hello,In desperate need of help-I have an MSI Raider GE66 11UG with the following specs that does not connect to the internet when using wifi, however ethernet works fine. This issue occurs on all wifi networks and im confident it is an issue with my machine whether software...
  7. Windows 10 won't show WiFi networks only Ethernet works

Windows 10 won't show WiFi networks only Ethernet works: Hi,For some reason maybe it was after updating Windows overnight now I can't connect to WiFi or even see WiFI networks to connect to.I tried connecting my laptop to the internet via an Ethernet cable and it works, but WiFi is just not an option anymore..All my other devices...
  8. network connections only showing ethernet

network connections only showing ethernet: hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the...
  9. Ethernet and wifi not working on PC only

Ethernet and wifi not working on PC only: Randomly my internet will stop working on my PC for both ethernet and wifi options but everything else in the house will work. Usually for a couple hours but its been over a day and nothing seems to work, it shows ethernet is connected and i should have internet access but...
  10. Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray

Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray: Here's a strange one. I am connected via Wifi, everything works fine, fast, stable. But I just noticed the icon showing in my Tray area is the wired ethernet icon. (No RJ45 cable connected, no docking station). [img] Is this a bug or a feature? 74525