Windows 10: wifi networks

Discus and support wifi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Old wifi networks keep showing up on my available connections screen. how do I get rid of them. They may be confusing my network extender.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LyleRexer1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. wifi networks

Old wifi networks keep showing up on my available connections screen. how do I get rid of them. They may be confusing my network extender.

:)

LyleRexer1, Jan 14, 2020
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Tim P. Win User
    WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., Jan 14, 2020
  4. sinplify Win User

wifi networks

Only 1 WiFi network

My network list on my phone:

wifi networks [​IMG]

My windows network list:

wifi networks [​IMG]

sinplify, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

wifi networks

1. wifi networks - Similar Threads - wifi networks

2. Wifi Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Networks: I am running Windows 10 Home and connected to a LAN. I am trying to connect to a wifi network and connect to it, but I can't get any available networks to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-networks/662e3b3c-d499-43ea-b427-e01f22bae51f
  3. Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi

Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi: I have had 'some' help from Microsoft remote logon and 'some' success but it was short lived, so to be realistic networking at home has not worked on Win 10 for me. Laptop 1 - Win 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909, build 18363.592 with AVG Internet Security Laptop 2 - Win 10...
  4. network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10

network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10: network not showing in WIFI selection for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-in-wifi-selection-for-windows/c1b6067e-f744-4f45-8e47-ffa7343499f5
  5. My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

My Laptop disconnects from wifi network: For a while my pc would disconnect from wifi network on its own itstarted out that way now it would disconnect and when i try to reconnect to my network it wouldn't reconnect and when i deactivate wifi altogether and reactivate it no wifi network would be detected sometimes...
  6. Error: Can't connect to this network, when trying to connect to WIFI

Error: Can't connect to this network, when trying to connect to WIFI: I am trying to connect to my home internet from Windows 10. Here’s what keeps happening: 1. I go to put in my password to log onto my wifi, in which it says “verifying and connecting”, and then telling me that my password is incorrect which it isn’t, since ive tried this...
  7. I have been getting a "can't connect to this network " when I try connecting to a Wifi. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have been getting a "can't connect to this network " when I try connecting to a Wifi. I...: The wifi was connecting fine until 2 days ago. One website I saw told me to disable the network adapter and restart , which worked somewhat for the past 2 days . Now even that isn't working submitted by /u/V_HarishSundar [link] [comments]...
  8. Disconnecting from wifi; not showing available networks; Adobe Reader not launching;...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disconnecting from wifi; not showing available networks; Adobe Reader not launching;...: Hi, I hope someone can help me out! I changed my battery settings recently to always be on power saving mode 100% of the time. The next day, my laptop wouldn't connect to wifi where I had previously been logged in and it wasn't showing any available networks....
  9. Not picking any networks on WiFi

Not picking any networks on WiFi: Strange issue seems to be occuring. I have a HP laptop which is only a couple of months old and it has completely stopped picking up any networks wirelessly. Hotspot from phone doesn’t appear, my home wifi has stopped appearing. I’ve tried to set up a network manually home...
  10. Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, you may have noticed that your Windows 10 displays an Action needed prompt while connecting to a WiFi network. This can occur after a Windows Upgrade or while connecting to a new wiFi network. This is actually good [...] This post Remove Action...