Windows 10: Wifi Networks

Discus and support Wifi Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home and connected to a LAN. I am trying to connect to a wifi network and connect to it, but I can't get any available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MSLex2020, Jan 24, 2020.

1. MSLex2020 Win User

Wifi Networks

I am running Windows 10 Home and connected to a LAN. I am trying to connect to a wifi network and connect to it, but I can't get any available networks to show up.

:)

MSLex2020, Jan 24, 2020
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Tim P. Win User
    WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., Jan 24, 2020
  4. Wifi Networks

wifi network recconnects automatically to another wifi network.............

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uncheck the option to automatically connect to the network (networkprofile~), try to remove the connection by choosing forget connection and check if it helps.

Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Wi-Fi network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Networks

1. Wifi Networks - Similar Threads - Wifi Networks

2. New PC won’t show avaliable WiFi networks. Other devices are connected just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC won’t show avaliable WiFi networks. Other devices are connected just fine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kevinboiiz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4gpwk/new_pc_wont_show_avaliable_wifi_networks_other/
  3. My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone

My laptop is shown as an access point when looking for wifi networks on my phone: In the last week I noticed that there is a new access point showing on my phone list of available wifi networks and I checked the mac address and it turned out to be the mac address of my computer. I don't remember seeing this before and I want to know how can I turn it off ....
  4. wifi network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  5. Wifi option not found in network and internet setting

Wifi option not found in network and internet setting: Guys, I was able to install the network adaptor driver, but I still couldn’t see the wireless adaptor under the network adaptor in device manager. And in the network and internet setting there is no option for wifi. So now I am suspecting my motherboard doesn’t support wifi?...
  6. I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available

I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available: I just completed my first PC build and installed Windows 10, but I cannot find any wifi networks. The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte Aorus Pro. Does it have to do with it? How can I connect to my wifi network? submitted by /u/WavesofRelaxation [link] [comments]...
  7. Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution]

Unidentified wifi network adaptor in Window 10 [Solution]: My wifi internet connection has been having problems and it seems that the network adaptor becomes unidentified when I first boot the laptop in the mornings. I went through many of the fixes I found on-line, including managing my known network and pressing forget and then...
  8. WiFi connects and secures but no internet for one particular network

WiFi connects and secures but no internet for one particular network: It just connects butt I can't get internet access and the troubleshooter is useless as usual, just says "something wrong with your connection". This happens when I try to use my university's campus WiFi so every time I get to campus I have to reset my network settings. All...
  9. Flaw in Philips Smart Light Bulbs Exposes Your WiFi Network to Hackers

in Windows 10 News
    Flaw in Philips Smart Light Bulbs Exposes Your WiFi Network to Hackers: There are over a hundred potential ways hackers can ruin your life by having access to your WiFi network that's also connected to your computers, smartphones, and other smart devices. Whether it's about exploiting operating system and software vulnerabilities or manipulating...
  10. WIFI networks UI disappears

WIFI networks UI disappears: Hi all, I have seen that this has been asked many times but have not seen a clear answer. Thank you in advance for valid urls to solutions. Here is a screenshot of my issue: [ATTACH]...