Windows 10: Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time

Discus and support Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've just upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I'm using an Edimax EW-7811 USB Wifi Dongle, which worked fine on Win7. I'm connecting to a Netgear N300 Wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JKawai, Jan 22, 2019.

1. JKawai Win User

Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time

I've just upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

I'm using an Edimax EW-7811 USB Wifi Dongle, which worked fine on Win7.

I'm connecting to a Netgear N300 Wifi Range Extender, which also worked fine on Win7.

When I boot up my computer, the internet connects via these means for about a minute before all communication ceases, and the status becomes 'No internet, secured'.

If I reconnect, the internet stays connected. But this is really annoying.

It can't be the Edimax because if I connect to my iPhone's hotspot, this issue never happens.

It can't be the Netgear, because all other devices in the house have no problem connecting to this.

So I'm not sure where the problem lies - I have tried disabling the USB suspend feature across all USB ports, I've tried installing both the Edimax driver and the Microsoft driver, I've tried forgetting and rediscovering the network, I've tried ipconfig /flushDNS, and I've checked all the right things are ticked in the Wifi Properties of the Edimax device. I've tried running wlanreport but can't make much sense of it - it sometimes seems to say 'disconnected by driver' but on reconnection it seems to erase this and says 'disconnected by user'.

I've even had remote assistance from Windows where they tried to manually use a different driver, which didn't solve the issue. They concluded it was not Windows related as the 'drivers were working'.

Can anybody advise of any further steps I can take? I've a workaround for now (reconnecting, every time) but it's not ideal...

Many thanks

:)

JKawai, Jan 22, 2019

2. Wifi fine, but no internet - keeps happening

Hi, I have a home-built PC running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, with an ASUS Z97-Deluxe motherboard. I've had it working at my home for over a year but recently moved it into an office at a completely different location running fibre broadband (by BT/British Telecom). For the first few months, everything was fine, apart from the odd internet disconnect and then reconnect.

In the last week or two, I'm now frequently getting the wifi and internet dropping out and the wifi reconnects straight away, but then it either goes to No Internet, or it says it's connected but when I try to actually do something, like load a webpage, it hangs forever and eventually goes to No Internet. When this happens, my Android phone on the same wifi connection reconnects without problems.

I have followed the cmd ipconfig resetting procedures listed in this article and most times this has worked, but it keeps happening and I don't know what the problem is and how to stop it happening. It's getting really annoying now. As far as I know, my Windows is up to date, and I have also tried turning AVG firewall off and it doesn't help. I haven't yet tried doing anything with the Network Adapter drivers. Could that be the issue?

Thanks, Mark

MarkHazeldine, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

No idea what caused it, I too have once in a blue moon been 'secured' but no internet. Disconnect and reconnect is the usual fix.

As to the password, if you have ever connected successfully in the past and had ticked 'automatically connect' then Windows would have remembered the connection and its password. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi and click 'Manage known networks' to see the list of stored connections. Click on one and you can 'Forget' it - then you'll be asked for a password next time you connect.

4. Liezl Fal Win User

No Internet secured message.

Hi Henery,

There must be some settings that had been changed on the wireless connection properties, hence, the issue. To address this concern, we suggest checking out the steps that are found on this link:
    Windows 10 wifi error "No internet, secured" solved and see if it helps.

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time - Similar Threads - Wifi 'No Internet

2. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.: I have encountered an issue with Captive portal on computers with Windows 10 and 11. Tested it with few computers and different types of network adapters. Behavior for a different network adapters and their drivers is same but on a Win10 1607 I have not managed to reproduce...
  3. every time I open a game, my wifi goes to "No Internet, Secured"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time I open a game, my wifi goes to "No Internet, Secured": so I was in the middle of a livestream and all of a sudden my game disconnects. it was because my internet was going to "No Internet, secured" as it says in the subject. and i tried this with a couple of other games and it has the same result. i tried everything and now im...
  4. every time I open a game, my wifi goes to "No Internet, Secured"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every time I open a game, my wifi goes to "No Internet, Secured": so I was in the middle of a livestream and all of a sudden my game disconnects. it was because my internet was going to "No Internet, secured" as it says in the subject. and i tried this with a couple of other games and it has the same result. i tried everything and now im...
  5. every time I open a game, my wifi goes to "No Internet, Secured"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Wifi reconnect issue

Wifi reconnect issue: In my Laptop, I have added a Wifi Connection. It works fine as long as laptop is on.If I restart the Laptop, it shows "No Internet, Secured". On troubleshooting, the error message is "Does not have valid IP Connection" Simultaneously, other devices are connected to same wifi...
  7. Wifi "No internet, secured"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi "No internet, secured"?: My computer was working fine yesterday and today when I tried to use it I had no access to Internet. I looked around and nothing works, I even tried resetting the PC and it still doesn't work. I updated the computer recently so I think that it has to do with that but I...
  8. WIFI - Secured, No Internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIFI - Secured, No Internet.: [ATTACH] I Have been using TP Link PCIe WiFi card since 3-4 months and suddenly a week ago when I booted up my PC and tried connecting to WiFi, It started giving me this error. And the worst part is I can still surf through Internet and Play online games as usual. I just...
  9. Wifi reconnecting issues

Wifi reconnecting issues: My wifi sometimes randomly disconnects even though I set it to automatically reconnect. When this happens, the wifi symbol on the task bar shows that I'm still connected to something even though when I open it, I have an option to connect to my router. It seems to be...
  10. Internet Disconnects Once Every Hour Then Reconnects?

Internet Disconnects Once Every Hour Then Reconnects?: Hi, Have a strange issue: The Internet disconnects once every hour then reconnects? I notice above because I have HexChat IRC running. Any ideas? I tried two different network cards with same issue. Thanks! Desktop: - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit version 1809 - Gigabyte...