Windows 10: WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi

Discus and support WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; BLUF: Known home wifi, connected before, but when starting up this morning, it "sees' the local wifi but refuses to connect.SURFACE PRO 3 hasn't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rick Denessen, Sep 11, 2021.

1. WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi

BLUF: Known home wifi, connected before, but when starting up this morning, it "sees' the local wifi but refuses to connect.SURFACE PRO 3 hasn't been used for about 3 months or so. Turned it on this morning, works fine. HOWEVER, although it "sees" known wifi connections, it will not connect.Tried troubleshooter, turned driver off then on, "forget" wifi connection and tried adding again.Turned on AIRPLANE MODE< then turned it on again.Thinking I may need to update a driver or two.But since it won't connect to the internet and woundn't know how to "LAN" it to the router, I'd like to get

:)

Rick Denessen, Sep 11, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

3. Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

I've got a weird problem I can't figure out:

New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I don't want to be connected to it, anyways!).

I've previously connected to my home WiFi, and this is the only network listed in my "Manage known networks" list. When I manually "disconnect" from xfinitywifi, Windows automatically connects to my home WiFi. For some reason, though, on boot up, it automatically connects to this open network (despite being set to NOT connect to open networks), and it prefers this open network over my (secured) known network.

I have disabled the "Wi-Fi Sense" "feature".

Any ideas?

awesomesauce, Sep 11, 2021
  4. WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi

Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi

1. WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi - Similar Threads - WIFI longer connects

2. No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks: I've noticed recently that my laptop can't see any wifi networks, despite connecting to known routers. This will be an issue when I travel.I have tried resetting the network and rolling back the wifi adapter to the previous version with no success.According to the Windows...
  3. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  4. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  5. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can no longer connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer connect to wifi: Or at least I can't access the web. Every device I have connects to wifi no problem, but not my laptop. My connection says "No internet, open." I've had this issue several times in the past but have always been able to fix it in Powershell with ipconfig /release, ipconfig...
  7. Cannot connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to home wifi: I've run through normal, basic troubleshooting steps: Restart the router (everything else in the house is still working) Turn airplane mode on and restart the laptop Tried the troubleshooting too nothing has worked, any ideas?! submitted by /u/Cinderhulk89 [link]...
  8. Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

Wifi refuses to connect to already known network: Hi there. I have recently been having a problem with my Surface Go. It will occasionally refuse to connect to a wifi network, that should connect automatically. On the occasion, it will say networks are available, but it will not connect automatically. So I go into the...
  9. Home wifi connection

Home wifi connection: Im a little confused, my home wifi connection is set to Guest/Public with network discovery off and with file and printer sharing off. Shouldn't it be set to Private instead and with what on/off for network discovery and file/printer sharing? I don't really know, but I just...
  10. Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list: I've got a weird problem I can't figure out: New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I...