Windows 10: Wifi no longer in settings

Discus and support Wifi no longer in settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I suddenly can no longer turn my wifi "ON" despite the fact that the laptop does not have a hardware switch to turn it off. Only Windows 10 created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisAustin3, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Wifi no longer in settings

I suddenly can no longer turn my wifi "ON" despite the fact that the laptop does not have a hardware switch to turn it off. Only Windows 10 created such a switch in the settings menu, but now, suddenly the "WI-Fi" category no longer even exists in my settings. I keep getting a diagnosis of "The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems." and " There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter" because "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter." This has gone on for two days. I also tried tethering from my phone via USB cable and that was not functional either. I consider myself lucky that the ethernet port still works. Please fix this, along with the other bugs in this new windows version like the fact that my laptop restarted because of an "unknown errror" two consecutive times with no reason. I immediately uninstalled the latest feature update to windows that was installed on 08/07/2020 and has not restarted due to error yet but my Wi-Fi problem still remains. I am running windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19401 on an HP EliteBook Folio 9470m and my network adapter is an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 driver version: 15.16.0.2.

:)

ChrisAustin3, Aug 13, 2020

2. Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Wifi no longer in settings

How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Wifi no longer in settings

1. Wifi no longer in settings - Similar Threads - Wifi longer settings

2. No “wifi” in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No “wifi” in settings: Hi, I can’t connect to the internet because there is no such option as “wifi” under “network and internet” settings. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-in-settings/fc36032b-1703-4949-9ad5-d273b58b18d9
  3. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi is no longer listed: This started when I didn't see my networks list when I left clicked my network icon in the taskbar. There is no WiFi listed on my network and internet settings list. I went into services to see if WLAN was running and it wasn't. I went to start it and these screens came up....
  4. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi is no longer listed: This started when I didn't see my networks list when I left clicked my network icon in the taskbar. There is no WiFi listed on my network and internet settings list. I went into services to see if WLAN was running and it wasn't. I went to start it and these screens came up....
  5. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi: BLUF: Known home wifi, connected before, but when starting up this morning, it "sees' the local wifi but refuses to connect.SURFACE PRO 3 hasn't been used for about 3 months or so. Turned it on this morning, works fine. HOWEVER, although it "sees" known wifi connections, it...
  7. Can no longer connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer connect to wifi: Or at least I can't access the web. Every device I have connects to wifi no problem, but not my laptop. My connection says "No internet, open." I've had this issue several times in the past but have always been able to fix it in Powershell with ipconfig /release, ipconfig...
  8. Wifi settings

Wifi settings: I cannot turn on my wifi and I cannot connect to a network since the wifi settings is missing. I checked the network adapters according to solutions I found online and my wireless adapter is one of the hidden devices. Also, it says there that the hardware device is not...
  9. Wifi No Longer Showing Up

Wifi No Longer Showing Up: Recently I had a problem with my wifi not connecting, and nothing showing up. I fixed it somehow a day ago and now the problem is back. When going through the "Device Manager" I saw one thing in the "Network adapters" had a yellow yield sign beside it. Something might of...
  10. WiFi no longer works in Win10

WiFi no longer works in Win10: Have an HP DV6 laptop running both Win7 and Win10, which I upgraded to Win10 when it first came ouy. Has been working fine, since. Only use WiFi when we take this on vacation, once a year. WiFi worked fine last April, but this week, does not work at all in in in Win10....