Windows 10: Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices...

Discus and support Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks my pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine my work pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bloggsy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. bloggsy Win User

Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices...

Hi folks

my pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    my work pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    girlfriends pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi network
    girlfriends phone - android - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    my phone - android - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi network

all of the above were working fine with visibility to my home network until about 2 days ago... just to be clear this is one single network...

any ideas on the likely cause and solution would be appreciated...

:)

bloggsy, Jan 23, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Can not find WIFI device after W10 Creator update

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. Since you already performed some troubleshooting steps, and the drivers are not even listed in device manager, we suggest that you follow these steps to make the missing drivers visible again:

• Right click the Windows icon and select Device Manager.
    • Click the View Tab at the top of the Device Manager window.
    • Put a checkmark on Show hidden devices.
    • Check if it made your drivers visible. Try to uninstall and reinstall your drivers afterwards.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jan 23, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices... sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 23, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hi Ota,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which the device disappeared from the list of available devices?
    • Do you see any error message/code when the device disappears?

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • If your MIDI device isn’t listed there, right click on an empty space and select
      Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices to see if the device is visible.

We await your response,

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices... - Similar Threads - Wifi longer visible

2. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option is not visible: It is intermittently happening, that wifi option is going to close, disappearing the WIFI option under settings option. I try some actions given as resolution from microsoft community, because there are some similar questions. Even I could not understand, which solution is...
  3. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi option is not visible: It is intermittently happening, that wifi option is going to close, disappearing the WIFI option under settings option. I try some actions given as resolution from microsoft community, because there are some similar questions. Even I could not understand, which solution is...
  4. Wifi Connections are not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connections are not visible: After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I am facing issue of wifi invisibility. Wifi connections are not visible or system does not auto connect to wifi. It is happening in 2 cases. 1. Computer becomes active after sleep.2. Computer is turned on from hibernate.I tried...
  5. 5G WiFi is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5G WiFi is not visible: Hi,Im trying to connect to WiFi network but 5G network is not visible. How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-wifi-is-not-visible/d7d1c2da-1be4-4005-a863-06c15f758881
  6. 5G WiFi is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5G WiFi is not visible: Hi,Im trying to connect to WiFi network but 5G network is not visible. How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-wifi-is-not-visible/d7d1c2da-1be4-4005-a863-06c15f758881
  7. Hidden folders no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders no longer visible: After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible either. Usually this is done through the View-tab, and then checking the "Hidden objects" checkbox, or by going to...
  8. Some SSIDs no longer visible after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some SSIDs no longer visible after Win 10 update: I have three systems a DKT 700 Tower, and Acer DX730 All in one, and a Fujitsu e-Series laptop, and a number of apple products which all use my Telstra NBN connection \ modem, all of my devices could successfully see and connect to my Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, I also still...
  9. Icons No Longer Visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons No Longer Visible: Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic. I have been through the...
  10. some items not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    some items not visible: I have had Windows10 for months now and some of my web sites I can't see everything. An example is Pinterest. I get a msg someone is following the same ideas I am, I go to the page and see no pictures only words underneath. Please advise what am I missing in my Windows10...