Windows 10: WiFi not allowing connection

Discus and support WiFi not allowing connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our Dell laptop, running Windows 10, will not connect to our primary wireless yet it will connect to our 'guest' internet. I went through all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by javablood, Nov 23, 2018.

1. javablood Win User

WiFi not allowing connection

Our Dell laptop, running Windows 10, will not connect to our primary wireless yet it will connect to our 'guest' internet. I went through all the resets, pws, etc yet after entering the pw, the message still comes back as something has changed. Nothing changed and two other laptops are able to connect to the primary wireless. I spoke with Xfinity because they did something about a month ago when I got this message that showed they 'hijacked' our wireless and showed our pw and everything. Of course when I called them they could not answer my question. However, this time the agent told me to go to settings, Wi-Fi, manage know networks and 'Forget' the primary wireless, which I did and then it worked. Yet, today it is not working again and going through the previous steps did not work as I get the same message. Any ideas are appreciated.

:)

javablood, Nov 23, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You should still be able to use NavyLCDR's second step without changing the WiFi password.

4. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi not allowing connection - Similar Threads - WiFi allowing connection

2. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect: Hello, So recently I got a PC Windows 10 Pro, however I’m having an issue, I use a dongle to connect to my wifi however upon setting my PC up I plugged the dongle in and all it would say is either “cannot connect to this network or Please Enter Network Security Password, I...
  3. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect: Hello, So recently I got a PC Windows 10 Pro, however I’m having an issue, I use a dongle to connect to my wifi however upon setting my PC up I plugged the dongle in and all it would say is either “cannot connect to this network or Please Enter Network Security Password, I...
  4. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.: Recently got a new faster network, tried and cannot connect my win10 laptop dell latitude e7440 to it, when trying to connect via wifi in the network connections list it just doesn’t show, and by ethernet my laptop doesn’t even know it’s plugged in.Have ran bios system...
  6. Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.

Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.: Recently got a new faster network, tried and cannot connect my win10 laptop dell latitude e7440 to it, when trying to connect via wifi in the network connections list it just doesn’t show, and by ethernet my laptop doesn’t even know it’s plugged in.Have ran bios system...
  7. Win11 Updates and doesn't allow ethernet or wifi connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Updates and doesn't allow ethernet or wifi connection.: This happens to be with the new build of Windows11, anytime I allow the update after verifying the drivers do NOT need to be updated it refuses to use the ethernet or wifi options to connect. I have a driver for both, and both are up to date. Everything works BEFORE the...
  8. Win11 Updates and doesn't allow ethernet or wifi connection.

Win11 Updates and doesn't allow ethernet or wifi connection.: This happens to be with the new build of Windows11, anytime I allow the update after verifying the drivers do NOT need to be updated it refuses to use the ethernet or wifi options to connect. I have a driver for both, and both are up to date. Everything works BEFORE the...
  9. how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network: Hello guys, I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on! I live in a building and have two separate small units located side by side. The are small and my wifi covers both apartments. In the...
  10. Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Allow connection to only one WiFi network?: Hello, Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's? 126537