Windows 10: Wifi not an option during setup?

Discus and support Wifi not an option during setup? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there! I'm building my first PC, and I'm basically finished, but during the initial setup Windows asked me to connect to the internet to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KylerWightman, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Wifi not an option during setup?

Hey there!

I'm building my first PC, and I'm basically finished, but during the initial setup Windows asked me to connect to the internet to update everything. The only option they gave was Ethernet, and I don't have access to an Ethernet port in this room. I continued without it, and I want to set up Wi-Fi for this PC, but it's not even an option in Network and Internet Settings. I have the CD for drivers and utilities that should be installed after setup, but my PC cant read CD's, so I'm trying to transfer them over via USB. Is there a driver that should allow me access to wireless networking? I can't seem to find it. If not, would a wireless adapter do the same thing? If I bought the USB and plugged it in would I get access to Wi-Fi?

Super confused.

Thanks

:)

KylerWightman, Nov 12, 2020

2. Wifi connecting Setup

Hi all, (i have windows phone 7.5 (lumia 800))

in my school is wifi and i need connect to this wifi with this items:

- Connect wiht the certificates (1st .crt, 2nd .cer) - i have install this one)

- Setup the method to TLS

- Identificaton with my name

Question 1: Where can i setup this items?

Question 2: Our school wifi is (sps-roam). I have only one item in the wifi-list. But my friend with Android have 2 items with the name "sps-roam". One with WPA and one with another connect (and to this i want connect).

So i want conenct to school wifi, but after select the "sps-roam", this need username and password, but i need connect with the certificate.

Can you please write the step-by-step process? Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm sure, you understand me Wifi not an option during setup? :)

JanKolář, Nov 12, 2020
  3. New computer setup wifi not working

I am trying to set up a new Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 Series all-in-one running Windows 10 Home. When it was walking through the initial setup, it detected several nearby WiFi networks. I had a problem getting the mouse connected and was not able to set the WiFi network. It was turned off and back on and then, upon getting back to that step, did not detect any WiFi. In Network and Internet settings it has no WiFi adapter listed and no WiFi options anywhere. I did make sure network discovery was turned on and I checked in Device Manager that the network adapter was enabled, but it doesn’t show up anywhere but in Device Manager.

Under Network Properties, it does list WiFi and says “Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter”, status not present and connectivity disconnected. Under Device Manager I don’t see that adapter, it shows “Realtek PCle GbE Family Controller”, which appears to be the Ethernet adapter maybe? and a variety of WAN Miniports.

I’ve pretty much maxed out my knowledge here and I can’t find this exact issue when I search, so any advice would be much appreciated. Trying to help my stepdad set up to work from home during the pandemic...

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, now it's working. I realized I could show hidden devices in Device Manager, so I found the wireless adapter there. It was showing as not connected, so I shut down and dragged everything to another room and connected an ethernet cable, whereupon the wireless adapter started working perfectly. Maybe it was turning it off and back on the third time that worked, who knows...

Courtnet85, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Wifi not an option during setup?

wifi option not available..

Hi, Taylor.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Wifi not an option during setup?

1. Wifi not an option during setup? - Similar Threads - Wifi option during

2. Windows 11 doesn't see any wifi networks during the setup process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't see any wifi networks during the setup process: I was trying to install windows 11 on my new laptop when I reached the next step "Let's connect you to a network" the PC could not find any available networkseven after connecting it directly to an ethernet cable. So I tough the problem might be caused by the Wireless Lan...
  3. WIFI setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI setup: I recently changed my router from BT to EE. 2 Tablets, 2 Mobile phones and 1 laptop all connected automatically. However, my main laptop did not connect and I can't find a way of connecting to WIFI. I can connect with a cable but not WIFI. How can I resolve this please....
  4. WIFI setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI setup: I recently changed my router from BT to EE. 2 Tablets, 2 Mobile phones and 1 laptop all connected automatically. However, my main laptop did not connect and I can't find a way of connecting to WIFI. I can connect with a cable but not WIFI. How can I resolve this please....
  5. WIFI setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Shutdown unexpectedly during setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown unexpectedly during setup: https://reddit.com/link/gvi4sw/video/fjtuqtuawk251/player submitted by /u/Disc0nected [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvi4sw/shutdown_unexpectedly_during_setup/
  7. error during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error during initial setup: One Drive shows a blank screen during the initial setup of my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. I turned on the laptop and went to the part about OneDrive, pressed Next but the screen went blank. I tried to click the back arrow to choose “Only save files on this PC”, but the...
  8. wifi setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi setup: Running windows 10, how do I connect to my wireless WiFi? Previously I used an Ethernet cable, I am moving my computer location and need to go wireless. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. Crash during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash during initial setup: Here is a screen I got during an installation on a VirtualBox installation. Attachment 10284 Any suggestions? Snarks*Cool 3522
  10. Windows Setup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Setup Option: When logging on to Windows 10 one of the early screens gives a timed option to select either Windows 10 or Windows Setup. The second option takes you to Windows Boot Manager. Could someone please tell me if this option screen is a fixed feature of Windows 10 and, if it is,...