Windows 10: Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine.

Discus and support Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If anyone is finding that since the big end of April update, their PC no longer auto connects to their home router via Wi-Fi, I came across this simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllenChicago, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine.

If anyone is finding that since the big end of April update, their PC no longer auto connects to their home router via Wi-Fi, I came across this simple "fix" at another help website.

Simply go to Power Options, click on "Choose what the power buttons do", and uncheck/disable the box entitled, "Turn On Fast Startup".

I don't know why it works (any guesses??), but this fixed the problem on my HP PC and my wife's HP Laptop. After the April update, neither device would auto-login to our home Wi-Fi, from a cold startup. Had to manually connect each time. Didn't have this problem with restarts, or waking from sleep. Just with a cold startup.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this in the forum, in case someone else is experiencing it. Didn't see any reference to this solution when searching the Windows 10 forum, while trying to resolve the issue.

BTW.. Our Win-10 computers now start-up and shut-down FASTER with "Fast Startup" disabled. Totally weird.

-Allen in Chicago

:)

AllenChicago, Jun 5, 2018

2. Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine.

1. Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine. - Similar Threads - Wifi Auto Connecting

2. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  3. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  4. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  6. how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine?: my wifi keeps auto connecting to all wiffi not mine? hoe can I stop it I click dis connect but when I check again it has reconnected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-auto-connections-to-wifi-that-is-not/8e0211be-1b18-4a15-9a6f-4b710f0b2e11
  7. Wifi connect on startup

Wifi connect on startup: My home wifi is set to connect automatically but when starting up, a whole list of other wifi networks appear which all show that the "connect automatically" box is checked. This seems to cause problems with my PC seemingly unable to connect straightaway. How can I stop this...
  8. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  9. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wif not connecting during statup