WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Discus and support WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range in Windows 10 Network and Sharing on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; My problem is that my laptop won't disconnect from a WiFi network when out of range unless I actually click the disconnect button. For example, if I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gunnart48, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Gunnart48 Win User

My problem is that my laptop won't disconnect from a WiFi network when out of range unless I actually click the disconnect button. For example, if I go to my friend's house (several blocks away) and open my laptop, it still appears to be connected, just with no internet (see below).

[​IMG]

I can't seem to find any info on why this could be happening or how to fix it. Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Gunnart48, Jun 13, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

[​IMG]

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Cristian_25H Win User
    Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

[​IMG]

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Jun 14, 2018
  4. NimishMehta Win User

Wifi disconnected

When My phone is within the wifi zone, it automatically disconnected with wifi after some time, all the time I have to restart the phone.

suggest the remedy.

Nimish Mehta

NimishMehta, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range - Similar Threads - WiFi automatically disconnecting

1. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...
  2. Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep: Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Been looking all over for a solution & there is none. There is no power management tab in the driver properties. Worked fine until the upgrade to 1703. Many reports on the Feedback...
  3. How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?

How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?: Thanks but still have the same problem.
  4. Win 10 can't connect to wifi automatically after boot up.

Win 10 can't connect to wifi automatically after boot up.: Greeting and salutations My Asus Zenbook UX430 was connecting to my router automatically than it stopped doing it.I've followed every thing I could find on fixing it but to no avail .If I turn off WIFI than turn it back on it connects.But from a boot up it's a no go.Thanks...
  5. Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?

Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?: I have a preferred WiFi Connection, but Windows 10 seems to require that I manually connect to it. How can I make this automatic? In case it matters, I use an ethernet connection too, and run both, because they are different subnets each with devices (network shares) that...
  6. Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi: Hello, as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible". to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list...
  7. Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi

Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi: Lately, I have been having some major issues with connecting to my home wifi. Within the last week I have updated my PC to the latest build (version: 1709, build: 16299.125). Whenever I boot my computer, its like a roll of the dice if it ends up connecting to the wifi...