Windows 10: WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Discus and support WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My problem is that my laptop won't disconnect from a WiFi network when out of range unless I actually click the disconnect button. For example, if I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gunnart48, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Gunnart48 Win User

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

My problem is that my laptop won't disconnect from a WiFi network when out of range unless I actually click the disconnect button. For example, if I go to my friend's house (several blocks away) and open my laptop, it still appears to be connected, just with no internet (see below).

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range [​IMG]

I can't seem to find any info on why this could be happening or how to fix it. Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Gunnart48, Jun 13, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Cristian_25H Win User
    Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Jun 14, 2018
  4. NimishMehta Win User

Wifi disconnected

When My phone is within the wifi zone, it automatically disconnected with wifi after some time, all the time I have to restart the phone.

suggest the remedy.

Nimish Mehta

NimishMehta, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range - Similar Threads - WiFi automatically disconnecting

2. WiFi disconnects when I close lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi disconnects when I close lid: Hi, I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always have to wait for it to connect again. I have tried many ways to prevent this (Disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device...
  3. Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi: My WiFi Automatically Disconnects from from the network every time under the following circumstances: - WiFi Network has no Internet Connection - Ethernet with Internet Connection is plugged in - 3G/4G Dongle is Connected - 3G/4G Mobile Hostspot RNDIS Device is...
  4. Wifi is disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi is disconnected: My laptop occasionally disconnects from my home Wifi network protected with a password. When I check what is going on I see that my Wifi is a hidden open network. Why is it happening?...
  5. Laptop wifi keeps disconnecting/timing out

Laptop wifi keeps disconnecting/timing out: Hello I have an ASUS ROG Gl752VW laptop and I've been having this problem with my wifi connection. My wifi connection from my laptop to the router would sometimes randomly time out and disconnect. At first, I thought it was my WIFI router that was causing the problem. However...
  6. Display out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display out of range: I decided to change the resolution of my moniter which is normally 1280 by 1024 (that is the native resolution of my moniter) to 1600 by 1200 just for amusment. When it chagned, my moniter displayed a prompt saying "Out of Range". I expected this. When I changed it back to my...
  7. The WiFi keeps disconnecting...

The WiFi keeps disconnecting...: I get to upload large files on Google Drive but there's just too many of the files and they are a bit large i.e. 4 Gb. Something - not sure if this is the browser or Google Drive itself keeps returning an error message reading 'Upload paused (offline), and, my WiFi, which is...
  8. Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation: After coming out of hibernation, all of my network share mappings are disconnected and I have to double-click on each of them to reconnect. This just started happening today. Has anyone else experienced this? 50635
  9. Wifi continuously disconnects

Wifi continuously disconnects: This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck...
  10. no internet via wifi range extender

no internet via wifi range extender: windows 10 installed major updates this morning now I cannot get onto the internet via my range extender this has always been intermittent in the past but could get it to work eventually I have run the connection diagnostics and its telling me there are components missing and...