Windows 10: WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update

Discus and support WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using an HP Envy and just updated to 21H1 load. After install, my laptop will not connect to my Wifi. All other devices are not experiencing issue, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JarrodGack, Jul 8, 2021.

1. WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update

Using an HP Envy and just updated to 21H1 load. After install, my laptop will not connect to my Wifi. All other devices are not experiencing issue, and Envy can see the network, but upon connection, I get an error saying "cannot connect to network" repeatedly. Have rebooted both system and router to no avail. System worked just fine right before the update. What gives?

:)

JarrodGack, Jul 8, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 8, 2021
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, Jul 8, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update

1. WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update - Similar Threads - WIFI connecting 21H1

2. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  3. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  4. After installing Windows 10 update version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing Windows 10 update version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and...: After upgrading to Windows 10, version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting periodically for the last 2 days. Before this update, everything was running smoothly for me with no crashes. I am lost in finding solutions with this new PC and would like...
  5. After installing Windows 10 update version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing Windows 10 update version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and...: After upgrading to Windows 10, version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting periodically for the last 2 days. Before this update, everything was running smoothly for me with no crashes. I am lost in finding solutions with this new PC and would like...
  6. After installing Windows 10 update version 21H1, my Wifi connection keeps disconnecting and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WiFi disappears after Windows 10 pro 21H1 update

WiFi disappears after Windows 10 pro 21H1 update: After installing the 21H1 update on Windows 10 pro WiFi continued to work normally, until I rebooted my laptop. Since then i no longer have a WiFi option so I cannot connect via WiFi. In fact, I cannot connect at all since WiFi is the only way I can get online....
  8. An Update AFTER 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An Update AFTER 21H1: Check for Updates There is a .NET Cumulative update AFTER 21H1, KB4601554. Requires a Restart Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-update-after-21h1/c0773638-8276-420a-8b56-a00bad3d359e
  9. Problem with wifi connection after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with wifi connection after update: [ATTACH] Hello everyone!, After de installation of the 20H2 update of windows 10 I'm having a problem with the wi-fi connection, basically I can't connect to any network and it says "Checking Network Requirements" and then it just stop the connection. I tried in other...
  10. Unable to connect to WiFi after update

Unable to connect to WiFi after update: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 with a driver update- realtek semiconductor corp - bluetooth- 1/9/2018 - 1.5.1012.3 Definition updates- security Kb2267502 and antivirus KB4052623 The wifi option changed to a globe at the bottom of the screen, so possibly there was...