Windows 10: Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Discus and support Wifi not connecting auto anymore. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LM2007, Aug 31, 2017.

1. LM2007 Win User

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only.

I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did not help. I have to manually connect every time, but it do not ask me for the WPA code when manually connecting (unless i forget it again of course). Checked WLan config in services and is set to "auto". I also uninstalled the wifi adapter and reinstalled, but problem remains.

I have to bands, but i use 5Ghz mostly. WiFi adapter advance options is configured Preferred band to 5.2Ghz.

This problem happened some months ago, but to be honest i don't remember how i fixed. What can i do, is there something that can be tweaked in the registry?

:)

LM2007, Aug 31, 2017
  2. KeomaWF Win User

Computer connects to Wi-Fi even though auto connect option is turned off

I don't want the windows to auto connect to the wifi so i turned the auto connect off. Even though auto connect is off windows is still connecting to wifi. Why is it doing that?

Original title: Windows auto wifi connection

KeomaWF, Aug 31, 2017
  3. auto connect wifi

how do i get laptop a to auto connect to wifi a and laptop b to auto connect to wifi b and not auto connect to wifi a

both laptops have win 10 on them and i use the same microsft log in so i can stay synced with all my devices

Big Panther, Aug 31, 2017
  4. garyb0125 Win User

FWIW, I had a similar problem and solved it by disabling Fast Startup.

garyb0125, Aug 31, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I had a similar problem when resuming from hibernation. It started after the Creators Update. The cure was to turn ON 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in the 'Power management' tab for the WiFi adapter in Device Manager. Seems to remind Windows to make sure it gets turned on again when it resumes. Fast Startup is a form of hibernation, so it may well work for starting up too.

6. LM2007 Win User
    Enabling it back did the trick. Is connecting now without problem. Thank you very much for the suggestion Bree.

LM2007, Aug 31, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    *Thumbs glad it worked for you too.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi not connecting auto anymore. - Similar Threads - Wifi connecting auto

2. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  3. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  4. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  5. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  6. Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?

Why No Auto-connect to Wifi now?: Hi. last two times i've booted up, my PC hasn't connected to the wifi. my connection is in the list, it's ticked as "connect automatically" but for some reason it isn't. connects no prob when i click to make it and i haven't knowingly changed anything. any ideas? TIA 182989
  7. Can't connect to WiFi anymore

Can't connect to WiFi anymore: I used to be able to switch between different internet connections. Now I'm only given the option to connect to the ethernet only. I have tried everything to fix this issue....
  8. Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore: Yesterday my laptop was fine, today I have not been able to connect to the internet due to it being “off.” Well I followed some videos, tried to install updated driver via external hard drive, then reset and reinstalled Windows. NOW I don’t even have the wifi option. It does...
  9. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...