Windows 10: Wifi not possible :Miracast issue

Discus and support Wifi not possible :Miracast issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden I get "your device does not support Miracast" and wifi is gone ! I don't want Miracast. Acer Laptop;was win 7 on it had upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ddinc, Jan 23, 2016.

1. ddinc Win User

Wifi not possible :Miracast issue

All of a sudden I get "your device does not support Miracast" and wifi is gone !

I don't want Miracast.

Acer Laptop;was win 7 on it had upgraded to W 10 Pro and was using wifi until now ?

:)

ddinc, Jan 23, 2016

2. Continuum via Miracast on 950XL fails and Wi-Fi crashes.

Hi,

I might have the same issue with my 950XL but trying on Panasonic TV (TXDX800). Before WIN10 updates it worked all fine. After updates it stopped. Other devices like droid tablet and phones work normally on miracast to the TV. Phone and TV are ~3meters.
    Lumia detects the tv but then it is just connecting and connecting and TV won't popup message about inbound connection request. Sometimes Lumia freezes and requires restart. There is also an issue that I cannot use wifi options after failed attempts. Need
    to restart too. Only 2 times I was able to connect continuum over miracast and that was just after reboot of the phone.

1) Is there some logging possible on lumia?

2) Cannot there be an interference from wifi AP that it might run on the same channel as continuum/miracast (I noticed that lumia creates wifi network for miracast)?

Thank you

Jakub

JakubRehacek, Jan 23, 2016
  3. Cant project screen wirelessly and use internet at same time?

Thanks. Most people seem to be able to project via miracast and use wifi at the same time.

If I change the network adapter on my computer to one that supports wifi and miracast at the same time, that might also solve the issue?

AroonDhoot, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Miracast is something used for a Wireless Display and possibly the Intel WiDi is involved. You might check the Notifications area and select "Project" to see if anything there is set incorrectly. The "Connect to a Wireless Display" may have some setting you could change, if you have that option.

Saltgrass, Jan 23, 2016
  5. ddinc Win User
    Solved after googling various solutions.One of them worked.Don't remember now which one *Smile

ddinc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi not possible :Miracast issue - Similar Threads - Wifi possible Miracast

2. miracast issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast issues: so I was using miracast to use my TV as a second monitor without any issues and I had to restart the PC for some reason not an updatewhen it was fully open, I opened the cast, and tried to connect TV; my mouse was focused on the center, and the screen was frozen; after a few...
  3. miracast issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    miracast issues: so I was using miracast to use my TV as a second monitor without any issues and I had to restart the PC for some reason not an updatewhen it was fully open, I opened the cast, and tried to connect TV; my mouse was focused on the center, and the screen was frozen; after a few...
  4. miracast issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast issue: Hi, I use 4 virtual desktops and when I extend with miracast to a monitor that works fine . However if I swap from desktop 1 to desktop 2 the extended one on the monitor moves too. I don't suppose there is way to keep Desktop 1's content on screen when swapping. Is there...
  5. miracast issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    miracast issue: Hi, I use 4 virtual desktops and when I extend with miracast to a monitor that works fine . However if I swap from desktop 1 to desktop 2 the extended one on the monitor moves too. I don't suppose there is way to keep Desktop 1's content on screen when swapping. Is there...
  6. HDCP Miracast issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDCP Miracast issues.: I took my laptop's Intel M.2 Wifi/bluetooth Model: 8265NGW adapter out which does support Miracast. I put it into my desktop, but Miracast won't work. I should be able to cast to my SmartTV. I was able to cast from my laptop to my SmartTV before removing the adapter.From my...
  7. Miracast issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast issues: I have brand new HP desktop computer with windows 10 pro and it says that my PC is not supporting Miracast. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-issues/7349a60e-c20a-4437-9324-16a976d4b76a
  8. Miracast Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast Connectivity Issue: Hi so i have problem with " project to this pc" feature. After i make changes to the setting to make it available my phone can detect it but when i try to cast it only gives me pin code even though the pin options is off. And it took long time buffer sign and its gone from my...
  9. miracast issues

miracast issues: miracast no longer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-issues/50d1eb65-f85b-4063-a9a6-0df7055043a5
  10. Miracast issues

Miracast issues: Miracast issues says it is not supported when it is hi everyone you may have experienced this before do not worry I am here to help get this issue sorted if you have a pc it may be the Wi-Fi dongle where you plug into the usb port 1. check the name look up and see if...