Windows 10: WiFi not showing any networks.

Discus and support WiFi not showing any networks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried literally everything to fix this. It shows no WiFi connections and only airplane mode. I even tried factory resetting my laptop and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xKyoto, Aug 1, 2021.

1. xKyoto Win User

WiFi not showing any networks.

I have tried literally everything to fix this. It shows no WiFi connections and only airplane mode. I even tried factory resetting my laptop and it didn’t work. In change adapter settings it only shows Ethernet. I’m network and sharing center it shows no active networks. I really need a fix for this. It is only happening on my laptop, no other devices.

:)

xKyoto, Aug 1, 2021
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

WiFi not showing any networks. [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

WiFi not showing any networks. [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

pewe, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Bree, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. WiFi not showing any networks. - Similar Threads - WiFi showing networks

2. Wifi won't show any available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi won't show any available networks.: I have a Dell G7 Laptop, Windows 10. I believe the problem is with the killer wifi adapter. Any help would be much appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-wont-show-any-available-networks/50c1bf7e-54c5-4837-a972-35713959923a
  3. Wifi won't show any available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi won't show any available networks.: I have a Dell G7 Laptop, Windows 10. I believe the problem is with the killer wifi adapter. Any help would be much appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-wont-show-any-available-networks/50c1bf7e-54c5-4837-a972-35713959923a
  4. Wifi won't show any available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi won't show any available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi won't show any available networks.: I have a Dell G7 Laptop, Windows 10. I believe the problem is with the killer wifi adapter. Any help would be much appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-wont-show-any-available-networks/85a883dd-c8f4-4ff5-838c-9586536b74f8
  6. Wifi won't show any available networks.

Wifi won't show any available networks.: I have a Dell G7 Laptop, Windows 10. I believe the problem is with the killer wifi adapter. Any help would be much appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-wont-show-any-available-networks/85a883dd-c8f4-4ff5-838c-9586536b74f8
  7. Wifi won't show any available networks.

8. Computer can’t show any available WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer can’t show any available WiFi networks: After a Windows update computer no longer able to find or connect to home WiFi or even find any available networks. Have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, uninstalling recent Windows update but to no avail. Can anybody help please ?...
  9. Computer can’t show any available WiFi networks

Computer can’t show any available WiFi networks: After a Windows update computer no longer able to find or connect to home WiFi or even find any available networks. Have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, uninstalling recent Windows update but to no avail. Can anybody help please ?...
  10. Computer can’t show any available WiFi networks