Windows 10: Wifi not showing up but connected and working

Discus and support Wifi not showing up but connected and working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I dont know why but after a while when I was using my pc I couldn't see the available wifis network's but I was connected to my home wifi. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Legion Nixi, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Wifi not showing up but connected and working

Hi, I dont know why but after a while when I was using my pc I couldn't see the available wifis network's but I was connected to my home wifi. Is this a problem that has been alr resolved or am I the only having it?

:)

Legion Nixi, Sep 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Gorgo Win User
    Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

Product Name: Hp Omen 15
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
    Wifi card: Intel Wireless-N 7260

Hi guys,
    since some days my wifi has stopped working.
    If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE (max two) NETWORK:

Wifi not showing up but connected and working [​IMG]

And I live in a building with 20+ networks, as you can see from WiFi Analyzer (I'm the red one on the right)

If I deactive/reactive Wifi with fn+f12, it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and it eventually shows all the networks:

My Wifi is on the top. If it's saved, Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection; if it's not saved and I try to connect, it says "You're not able to connect to this network".
    The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed (probably the neighbour one..I dunno).

I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for 10/15sec with the laptop turned off.
    I've already tried to follow these instructions (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175) updating drivers (Intel 18.12.0.3, 18.12.1.2, 18.30.0.9 [Windows 10 default], 18.32.0 [Lastest drivers]) with no success. Everytime I install a new drivers, I uninstalled the previous one + Wireless software + reboot.

I tried to uncheked "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" on my Wifi hardware settings without success.

The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi (Really? The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list!).

This is not related to a new Windows 10 upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem :/ It always worked

I tried different settings too:
    I changed channel, I set 802.11g on my router, APSD off on the router.
    I set "Magic packet off, ad hoc QoS off, U-APSD off, fat channel off,incremental throughput off, HT mode off" on the card setting without success. Nothing chaned.

The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure.

Note carefully: If I go close to the router, it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it. Then I go back to my bedroom (probably 3/4 meters far), it KEEPS the connection for 30/40min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore. It always worked perfectly in my room in these months (I bought it in March 2015), so the distance is not a problem, I'm 6/7m far from the router.
    In this case It shows my Network (Connected) and the neighbour network...and the other 20+ networks???

The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus 5.

Linux: I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya (Ubuntu linux based OS) and it shows 20+ networks available on the list. It has not connection problem with my Wifi, but sometimes it stops working, the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it (usually after 30/40min using it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the problem? Is my Wifi card broken? Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion?

Gorgo, Sep 10, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

Wifi not showing up but connected and working

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Wifi not showing up but connected and working

1. Wifi not showing up but connected and working - Similar Threads - Wifi showing connected

2. Wifi connections are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connections are not showing up: After my wifi connections weren't showing up, I factory restarted my computer and they are STILL not showing up. The only option available on the Let's connect you to a network screen is ethernet and I cant press that or anything. Please help....
  3. Wifi connections are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connections are not showing up: After my wifi connections weren't showing up, I factory restarted my computer and they are STILL not showing up. The only option available on the Let's connect you to a network screen is ethernet and I cant press that or anything. Please help....
  4. My wifi connection won’t show up

My wifi connection won’t show up: All my other devices can find my network but my laptop can’t. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-connection-wont-show-up/c8dda0b3-cecb-4284-b2da-84c9e6deb9b5
  5. My wifi connection won’t show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi connection won’t show up: All my other devices can find my network but my laptop can’t. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-connection-wont-show-up/c8dda0b3-cecb-4284-b2da-84c9e6deb9b5
  6. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections: For some reason my laptop won’t connect to internet and I don’t how to fix it because my wifi won’t show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-doesnt-show-up-in-network-connections/3c54996e-fd75-4f2c-bee3-b65c331e02ad
  7. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections: For some reason my laptop won’t connect to internet and I don’t how to fix it because my wifi won’t show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-doesnt-show-up-in-network-connections/3c54996e-fd75-4f2c-bee3-b65c331e02ad
  8. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi shows connected but nothing will work.

Wifi shows connected but nothing will work.: Im on my phone typing this so i cant give system information with a snap of a finger. However the issue im having is the wifi bars are full and im connected, troubleshooter cant seem to find any issues, and the status says im connected. i can however, run google chrome but...
  10. Pc WiFi not working or showing up

Pc WiFi not working or showing up: I installed the new drivers for my radeon rx590 today but when my PC rebooted there was bo wifi icon and i am completly disconnected from the internet. Everytime i try to open the network settings the window instantly closes itself but all other settings work fine....