Windows 10: Wifi not turning om

Discus and support Wifi not turning om in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows 10 wifi is not turning on...… I tried everything reinstalling the driver etc but nothing worked....( wifi still works on Linux but not on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HammadAkhter, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Wifi not turning om

My windows 10 wifi is not turning on...… I tried everything reinstalling the driver etc but nothing worked....( wifi still works on Linux but not on windows)….. when I press wifi turn on button it clicks and then nothing.... now I have clean installed windows 10 formatting hard disk but still not working...(but works on linux).

Any Idea what happened and how to solve it??

:)

HammadAkhter, Nov 8, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Wifi not turning om

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Wifi not turning om

1. Wifi not turning om - Similar Threads - Wifi turning

2. My wifi wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi wont turn on: Hi i`ve been using my laptop connected to the wifi and it was doing fine but suddenly the next after i could not open my wifi for some unknown reasons. when I try to turn it on if just keeps toggling back to off and eventually becomes not available.so far i have already tried...
  3. My wifi wont turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi wont turn on: Hi i`ve been using my laptop connected to the wifi and it was doing fine but suddenly the next after i could not open my wifi for some unknown reasons. when I try to turn it on if just keeps toggling back to off and eventually becomes not available.so far i have already tried...
  4. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  5. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  6. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...: Sudah beberapa hari saya melakukan pemulihan wifi agar bisa mengaktifkan, tapi sama saja,.saya tidak bisa mengaktifkannya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-saya-mengalami-turn-wifi-back-on-manually/c9dc17e3-d1da-4166-b7db-37c3dd2a9d4f
  8. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...: Sudah beberapa hari saya melakukan pemulihan wifi agar bisa mengaktifkan, tapi sama saja,.saya tidak bisa mengaktifkannya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-saya-mengalami-turn-wifi-back-on-manually/c9dc17e3-d1da-4166-b7db-37c3dd2a9d4f
  9. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853