Windows 10: Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10

Discus and support Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to version 1809 and now my wifi is not working. It is turned off in settings and when I turn it on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NaumanAziz1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10

Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to version 1809 and now my wifi is not working. It is turned off in settings and when I turn it on it automatically turns off again. I have tried running the troubleshooter, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver but none seemed to work.

My Laptop's wifi hardware details are as follows

Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.
    Description: Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b|g|n (2.4GHZ)
    Driver version: 3.0.2.201

I would like you to help me resolve my issue.

:)

NaumanAziz1, Jan 30, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Ahhzz Win User

Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10

1. Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wifi turning

2. My wifi wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi wont turn on: Hi i`ve been using my laptop connected to the wifi and it was doing fine but suddenly the next after i could not open my wifi for some unknown reasons. when I try to turn it on if just keeps toggling back to off and eventually becomes not available.so far i have already tried...
  3. My wifi wont turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi wont turn on: Hi i`ve been using my laptop connected to the wifi and it was doing fine but suddenly the next after i could not open my wifi for some unknown reasons. when I try to turn it on if just keeps toggling back to off and eventually becomes not available.so far i have already tried...
  4. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  5. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  6. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...: Sudah beberapa hari saya melakukan pemulihan wifi agar bisa mengaktifkan, tapi sama saja,.saya tidak bisa mengaktifkannya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-saya-mengalami-turn-wifi-back-on-manually/c9dc17e3-d1da-4166-b7db-37c3dd2a9d4f
  8. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...: Sudah beberapa hari saya melakukan pemulihan wifi agar bisa mengaktifkan, tapi sama saja,.saya tidak bisa mengaktifkannya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-saya-mengalami-turn-wifi-back-on-manually/c9dc17e3-d1da-4166-b7db-37c3dd2a9d4f
  9. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi is not turning on

2. wifi not turning on windows 10

3. windows 10 wifi not turning on 1809

4. windows 10 wifi not turning on,
  5. windows 10 phone wifi not turning on