Windows 10: Wifi not working after doing a network reset

Discus and support Wifi not working after doing a network reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiA couple hours ago I had some issues with my wifi on my laptop and it wasn’t working very wellit was very slow. It was weird because on the contrary,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fuhua1, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Fuhua1 Win User

Wifi not working after doing a network reset

HiA couple hours ago I had some issues with my wifi on my laptop and it wasn’t working very wellit was very slow. It was weird because on the contrary, the wifi on my phone and other devices was working perfectly fine. So after a bit of research, I decided to do a network reset on my laptop since a lot of people tried it to see if it could solve anything.Unfortunately it didn’t and since then I can’t connect to the wifi at all. Every time I try to enter the password it says that it is impossible to connect to the wifi. I restarted my modem and router, but even then it didn’t work. I looked

:)

Fuhua1, Aug 11, 2022
  2. RhinoCan Win User

I keep losing my WiFi adapter

I tried the Option 2 approach but kept getting the Error NetSetupDeleteObjecton Network Adapter error (0x80070005) error, even after a dozen executions of the command. That seemed like it was going nowhere so I tried Option 1.

After completing the reboot in Option 1, I never got the dialog that asked if I wanted to make the computer discoverable, even after a significant wait.

Do you have any further suggestions? I'm going to move on to "Compumind's" suggestion in the meantime and see if that helps....

- - - Updated - - -

I started working my way down the list.

1. Both the ipv4 and ipv6 resets said "access denied!". However, the mere attempt worked *briefly*, then the WiFi went down again.
    2. I disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. Again, it worked *briefly*, then I lost the WiFi again.
    3. I tried to disable the antivirus but couldn't find a setting for that so uninstalled it entirely. I got the WiFi back and this time it stayed on for several hours instead of a few minutes so I assumed it was fixed. Then I installed the new Avast One and the WiFi is still working so I'm assuming that all is well finally!

Thank you for this list of suggestions!!!

RhinoCan, Aug 11, 2022
  3. network reset is not solving the wifi login problem

Hi Shahed,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that may refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To resolve
    your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #2: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection.

Step #3: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run window.
    • Type cmd, then press Enter.
    • Type ping www.microsoft.com,
      then press
      Enter.
    • If you receive 4 replies, your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, your Internet connection has issues.

Step #4: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Aug 11, 2022
  4. FrKasqar Win User

Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

Hi FreeBooter, I already came across this article and followed the steps with no results, I came across other articles that suggested the same steps but still nothing has worked? Thanks for the reply.

FrKasqar, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Wifi not working after doing a network reset - Similar Threads - Wifi working doing

2. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....
  3. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....
  4. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No wifi after resetting the network

in Windows 10 Customization
    No wifi after resetting the network: I reset my network because some of my apps aren't connecting to the internet ,after I reset network I couldn't connect to the network. Can someone please help me...
  6. No wifi after resetting the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi after resetting the network: I reset my network because some of my apps aren't connecting to the internet ,after I reset network I couldn't connect to the network. Can someone please help me...
  7. No wifi after resetting the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi not working after doing a network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not working after doing a network reset: HiA couple hours ago I had some issues with my wifi on my laptop and it wasn’t working very wellit was very slow. It was weird because on the contrary, the wifi on my phone and other devices was working perfectly fine. So after a bit of research, I decided to do a network...
  9. Wifi not working after doing a network reset

Wifi not working after doing a network reset: HiA couple hours ago I had some issues with my wifi on my laptop and it wasn’t working very wellit was very slow. It was weird because on the contrary, the wifi on my phone and other devices was working perfectly fine. So after a bit of research, I decided to do a network...
  10. Network Adapters not working after resetting Wifi Router?

Network Adapters not working after resetting Wifi Router?: Hello, I reset my wifi router today by unplugging the power and plugging it back in, because I was having slowdowns and that usually fixes it and has never given me any issues before. I had my PC connected via Ethernet at the time I did that. Wifi was back up and running...