Windows 10: Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering...

Discus and support Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The title briefly explains my entire problem. My laptop is the MSI GF63 Thin 85C, bought it a week ago. Currently running on Windows 10. At first it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KhoiDoanNguyen, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering...

The title briefly explains my entire problem. My laptop is the MSI GF63 Thin 85C, bought it a week ago. Currently running on Windows 10. At first it was fine but after 3-4 days the wifi starts slowing down on GAMES ONLY, and now I can't even seem to run any of my games. The webs are working nicely. I can get access to Youtube, Facebook, Netflix, etc. quickly, in fact. Also, my laptop seems to be the only one that is having trouble, cause I checked other devices and did not see a single problem. The games I have are Rainbow Six Seige, League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Apex Legends and For Honor. I successfully ran the games for about1-2 minutes without lags and after that it just went from 30ms to a few thousand. I don't think the wifi or its location is the problem. I have also tried many methods like updating wifi drivers, reinstalling it, restoring Windows 10, restart Laptop, turning off Firewall, etc. It would be wonderful if someone could assist me on this.
    Thank You.

:)

KhoiDoanNguyen, Sep 14, 2019

2. Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering From This.

The title briefly explains my entire problem. My laptop is the MSI GF63 Thin 85C, bought it a week ago. Currently running on Windows 10. At first it was fine but after 3-4 days the wifi starts slowing
    down on GAMES ONLY, and now I can't even seem to run any of my games. The webs are working nicely. I can get access to Youtube, Facebook, Netflix, etc. quickly, in fact. Also, my laptop seems to be the only one that is having trouble, cause I checked other
    devices and did not see a single problem. The games I have are Rainbow Six Seige, League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Apex Legends and For Honor. I successfully ran the games for about1-2 minutes without lags and after that it just went from
    30ms to a few thousand. I don't think the wifi or its location is the problem. I have also tried many methods like updating wifi drivers, reinstalling it, restoring Windows 10, restart Laptop, turning off Firewall, etc. It would be wonderful if someone could
    assist me on this.

Thank You.

KhoiDoanNguyen, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering From This.

I still can't connect to games after the repair. Apparently whenever I run a game, the wifi shuts off (it does not show that, but unable to use wifi while a game is running, but wifi gets back to normal when i exit the game). Do you have any other methods?

KhoiDoanNguyen, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering...

Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.

I'm really baffled here as to what's going on with my laptop audio. It was working just a few days ago from what I remember and now tonight when I was playing a game in Steam the audio just wasn't working. Checked audio settings in the game, all was good. Turned the game off and started testing using YouTube, still nothing. The volume is definitely up and I found that headphones work fine. When I open the 'Playback devices' dialogue from right clicking the speaker in the task bar it shows the green equalizer bar moving up and down if something is playing, but there's no audio. I've checked for any conflicting devices in here and ensured everything was enabled as per usual.

So far I've updated the drivers, uninstalled the drivers completely and reinstalled them (automatically after restarting laptop), and have checked for updates on my computer (all up to date). My device manger does have 2 drivers listed which I thought was weird, but maybe it has always been like this? I'm not sure honestly. I uninstalled both and they both came back after restarting. See the image here:

Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering... [​IMG]

Is there anything else to try? I thought uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them would fix it, but nope.

System details: Windows 10, Acer Aspire laptop (~7 months old? No issues thus far). Let me know if I need to provide any more details! Very frustrated and need to get to bed now because of work in the morning, but I will be sure to check back and try any suggestions and answer any questions.

simpsons403, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering...

1. Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering... - Similar Threads - Wifi Working Games

2. Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?: I've had this issue for over a year at this point, no amount of restarting or updating my laptop has changed it. Every time I connect to wifi it tells me I have no internet but the network is secured and browsers work fine. I wouldn't bother trying to change it but none of my...
  3. Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?: I've had this issue for over a year at this point, no amount of restarting or updating my laptop has changed it. Every time I connect to wifi it tells me I have no internet but the network is secured and browsers work fine. I wouldn't bother trying to change it but none of my...
  4. Slow internet on my laptop only from wifi router but works fine for mobile hospot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet on my laptop only from wifi router but works fine for mobile hospot: My college wifi lately providing me very slow internet connectivity while my roomates speed with same wifi is good,When i use my mobile hospot my laptop speed also works fine but not with the college wifi router.Tried reseting network setting, DNS to automatically and...
  5. Slow internet on my laptop only from wifi router but works fine for mobile hospot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet on my laptop only from wifi router but works fine for mobile hospot: My college wifi lately providing me very slow internet connectivity while my roomates speed with same wifi is good,When i use my mobile hospot my laptop speed also works fine but not with the college wifi router.Tried reseting network setting, DNS to automatically and...
  6. Slow internet on my laptop only from wifi router but works fine for mobile hospot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My wifi is undetected by my laptop but connects fine with a dozen other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My wifi is undetected by my laptop but connects fine with a dozen other devices: I have an hp laptop hp stream 14" running windows 10 home edition. I cant get it to connect to my home's wifi because it can't detect the network. I know that the network adapter is working because I can use my phone's hotspot and connect the the internet. I don't have...
  8. Laptop cannot detect my wifi connection, but the router working just fine on other devices

Laptop cannot detect my wifi connection, but the router working just fine on other devices: I dont think its wifi problem and I have tried few solutions that I found online. I'm using ASUS X456URK. The most important part is my wifi not even available in the connection. Most ofthe solutions was for connected wifi but doesnt have connection. Mine was not even...
  9. Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.: This started happening today only. Only thing I've changed since yesterday is disabling lock screen in group policy. Restarting doesn't help. Troubleshooter runs for 5+ minutes, and doesn't show any problems. However, wifi gets connected once troubleshooter finishes. It...
  10. No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.

No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.: Hello, I've been having this problem for about a week. Our router has been recently changed in our house, same supplier Sky, and, for some reason, my laptop won't agree with it in the slightest. It's new, bought near Christmas, and is the Acer Aspire 7. Ever since we have...