Windows 10: Wifi not working on desktop

Discus and support Wifi not working on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC recently ran into some issues and after hours of troubleshooting, I finally got it working with a clean boot. However, it no longer can connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by francisgodinho1, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Wifi not working on desktop

My PC recently ran into some issues and after hours of troubleshooting, I finally got it working with a clean boot. However, it no longer can connect to WiFi and I'm not sure why. It is running windows 10 and had WiFi capabilities before. I already tried uninstalling drivers and restarting, but that didn't work. Any help would be great!

:)

francisgodinho1, Oct 20, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 20, 2018
  4. revdrw Win User

Wifi not working on desktop

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Wifi not working on desktop

1. Wifi not working on desktop - Similar Threads - Wifi working desktop

2. Wifi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not working: My daughter is running Windows 10 on her HP Pavilion and the wifi adapter has stopped working and I mean completely stopped working as if there is no wifi adapter at all. There isn't even an option to find available networks. This happened once before and after spending MANY...
  3. Wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working: My daughter is running Windows 10 on her HP Pavilion and the wifi adapter has stopped working and I mean completely stopped working as if there is no wifi adapter at all. There isn't even an option to find available networks. This happened once before and after spending MANY...
  4. WiFi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi not working: I was watching YouTube and then my connection randomly stopped so I went to switch WiFi networks and the WiFi option is just gone. I troubleshooted and I got the message So I thought I should just restart but it didn't fix it so I tried troubleshooting again and only the...
  5. Wifi Not Working

Wifi Not Working: I have an Acer Aspire x3450 that will not connect to WiFi, It has a Wifi card in Device Manager and when I bought it, on the first boot it showed my internet connections and then they never came back. I have tried to reinstall windows and the drivers and nothing has worked....
  6. WiFi not working

WiFi not working: Suddenly my WiFi is gone and I can't get it to work again. This is very frustrating, as nothing was done to remove the Wi-Fi capability to begin with. It's a Pavilion laptop, running Windows 10. Thank you!...
  7. Wifi not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not working: My computer just cannot detect wifi, but when I click on the wifi icon, the wifi option is completely missing with just airplane mode being there instead of both of them. When I checked it out on settings, the wifi option is missing too, what do I do?? submitted by...
  8. Wifi is not working on my desktop. Adapter is enabled but nothing is working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi is not working on my desktop. Adapter is enabled but nothing is working.: Good day, Am using a W10 desktop with IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 I've tried to connect using wifi, it is turned on but cant detect my router. Everything is enabled in device manager but the only thing off is when i check under airplane mode, wifi is grey out. How...
  9. Desktop on WiFi

Desktop on WiFi: How do I setup my desktop to be on wifi versus ethernet cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-on-wifi/1e9b5212-d6f4-4b61-a95e-6672ff9350a9
  10. Wifi not working.

Wifi not working.: I have an internet connection problem. It would have a square with a ethernet cord and a big x. It would say to plug my ethernet cable in but i use wireless WIFI. Also. my WIFI won't turn on unless i network reset it. When I network reset it, It would go back to normal....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop wifi not working

2. wifi on desktop not working

3. desk top wifi not working