Windows 10: WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.

Discus and support WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As you can probably tell by my username I have exhausted all efforts, i've been trying to fix this for 2days now, installed/reinstalled 4 different OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by losingmymind, Feb 24, 2017.

1. WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.

As you can probably tell by my username I have exhausted all efforts, i've been trying to fix this for 2days now, installed/reinstalled 4 different OS trying to fix it and I cannot find a solution, it always worked before.
    Basically when I connect to my router I get full bars and its showing as connected with internet, if I go to do ANYTHING at all that requires an internet connection (opening webpages, downloading) etc. it just says no internet connection, OCCASIONALLY it will go very slowly for a while before ending itself again. Also if I try to connect to my phones hotspot it connects fine and everything works.
    Other devices in the house work fine, other laptops, phones etc. all connect fine. The most mind boggling thing about this is it works fine in ubuntu, I can connect to my wifi fine and everything is good, but on windows 7/8.1/10 it does not work (yes i formatted numerous times installing these OS and it took me forever and a lot of lost data). Some more useful advice: when i just install windows it works fine, but as soon as i restart it no longer works.
    I have tried so many things its hard to list them all but i'll try:
    troubleshooting, ipconfig /flushdns, netsh stuff, reinstalling OS, disabling and re-enabling wireless, reinstalling drivers, resetting router, checked that my mac address wasnt blocked.
    If anyone has any idea please let me know, I greatly appreciate it.
    This is what my network activity looks like in task manager:
    WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet. [​IMG]

:)

losingmymind, Feb 24, 2017
  2. fvisagie Win User

Wifi connects but no internet on Nokia 700

@daisy24

I'm not familiar with the 700 so some of this may be off the mark!

* If you needed to configure a WiFi access point on your 700, check all parameters were entered correctly

* If ... ditto ..., check whether you need to specify "Advanced settings" on your phone for the access point. E.g. the WiFi proxy settings my phone needs can only be accessed via the "Advanced settings" menu: open access point settings > app menu key > Advanced
    settings.

Hope this helps,

Francois

fvisagie, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Wifi connects but no internet on Nokia 700

Hi thanks for your help, i've had a look at the link but still no luck & yes we could use the internet with computers but i was changing the security this morning & lost the lot so will have to get someone in as i dont know what im doing! Thanks very much
    for your help.

daisy24---01, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.

Probably not a solution, just an idea. I fixed such a problem on a Notebook just last night by running a Registry-cleaning program. Never got a clear idea of where the problem was but it worked.

Berton, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Thanks, but I don't think that would help because I have re-installed windows so many times. I was thinking a moment ago that maybe it was because windows 10 automatically installed a driver that messed it up, hence it only breaking after restart, but it wouldn't explain why its only my network it wont connect to but its fine for others.

6. Have you tried disabling IPv6, NetBIOS, LMHOSTS and using a custom DNS? Run CMD as admin and copy:

Code: netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled netsh int teredo set state disabled netsh interface ipv6 6to4 set state state=disabled undoonstop=disabled reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters" /v "DisabledComponents" /t REG_DWORD /d "255" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters" /v "EnableLMHOSTS" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f wmic nicconfig where TcpipNetbiosOptions=0 call SetTcpipNetbios 2 wmic nicconfig where TcpipNetbiosOptions=1 call SetTcpipNetbios 2 wmic nicconfig where DHCPEnabled=TRUE call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("208.67.222.222","208.67.220.220")[/quote] Also setting up IP manually and removing all network protocols, except IPv4? So it would look like this.

TairikuOkami, Feb 24, 2017
  7. Also setting up IP manually and removing all network protocols, except IPv4? So it would look like this.[/quote] I have tried setting up IP manually and changing dns, but not the other suggested things. I'm going to have to install windows real quickly and test it and i'll get back to you, thanks.

8. Vincent Win User

Some time ago I was plagued by the same problem. After two days of troubleshooting I found out that there was an issue with my Ralink wifi driver (Solution 9-b).

Vincent, Feb 24, 2017
  9. Tried that, but the only driver there is the same one, tried installing it and it didnt change the situation *Sad

10. Also setting up IP manually and removing all network protocols, except IPv4? So it would look like this.[/quote] I have tried this now and it didn't help, however this time when I re-installed windows it was different, I disabled automatic driver updates and my wifi worked fine for a while, i even tried restarting and it still worked. However after using it for maybe 5mins or so it just suddenly stopped again. *Sick

Edit: WiFi works now (for downloading steam at least), however it's extremely slow when it is fine on other devices. It is too slow to browse the internet and it just says no internet connection if I try, however downloading it has speeds in the Kbps. This is not an issue on my 4g hotspot which has completely normal speeds, so I don't think its a problem with the wireless card, especially considering it works fine on ubuntu.

Edit 2: screenshot of network activity to help understand the problem
    WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet. [​IMG]

Edit 3: Forgot to mention that occasionally it works fine and the download speeds go up but after 3-4 min it drops down like in the screenshot and stays that way for a long time before suddenly working for a moment again

losingmymind, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet. - Similar Threads - WiFi working connects

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  5. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  6. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. internet connection wifi

internet connection wifi: i used my laptop all day fine. When it's in sleep and i go back to it, it is trying to get me to connect with an open hotspot wifi. I have my own. I have never had this problem until one day I clicked on the xfinity wifi by mistake, i did not connect to it but now when i'm...
  8. "WiFi connected but no Internet"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "WiFi connected but no Internet": My pixel 3a and my mom's iPhone was working perfectly fine in the morning, after I stopped using briefly it said "WiFi connected no internet". I tried restarting my router and phone multiple times and forgetting the network, setting my connection to unmetered. I also used...
  9. Wifi connected but no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi connected but no internet: Yesterday I turned on my pc and it had no internet, normal at first for it to take a second to connect, so I walked away and got a drink or something and it still had no internet. It said "Connected, no Internet". I've already run the troubleshoot tool and it said that my IP...
  10. WiFi working but cannot connect to internet

WiFi working but cannot connect to internet: My WiFi is working on all other devices from which I can access the internet but I am unable to connect to internet on my desktop I have rebooted router, reset on desktop but nothing seems to be working It won't let me change or have access to protocol but to be honest...