Windows 10: Wifi Not Working on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop - Tried Many Solutions and Nothing Works

Discus and support Wifi Not Working on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop - Tried Many Solutions and Nothing Works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really need some help because the wifi on my computer struggles to connect so badly, I spend roughly 30 minutes to over an hour on a daily basis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Layla_358, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Layla_358 Win User

Wifi Not Working on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop - Tried Many Solutions and Nothing Works

I really need some help because the wifi on my computer struggles to connect so badly, I spend roughly 30 minutes to over an hour on a daily basis trying to fix this issue. When I open up my laptop, first, it says I am not connected to the internet even though I have it set to connect automatically to my apartment's. Then, when I try to connect, it says "cannot connect to this network." The thing is though, all other devices in my home don't have this issue. I have never once had a connection problem on my phone, PS4, switch... and my roommate's devices never have an issue either. I know it's not the router.

I have gone into settings and had my computer forget my specific wifi and I have tried reconnecting but that only works about 20% of the time. Sometimes that does the trick just fine, but most of the time, I just get the same message I always do and that it cannot connect to the wifi.

I have tried doing a network reset several times and each time, it takes about 10 minutes to have the five minute warning pop up to come up and then when it's in the process of restarting, I get a blue screen and a frowny face saying something went wrong and it has to restart. But, I thought that is what it was doing?? It does this every time and I am so confused on whether if it is supposed to do that or if that is a bad thing.

I tried disabling my network device and enabling it and that doesn't work at all. If anything, it just sits there loading until I have to restart my computer because nothing is happening.

Then, I tried to uninstall the network device which I know it automatically reinstalls upon restarting the computer and I have done that multiple times and it only works half the time... when it does work, it only lasts for a few hours and then when I put my computer to sleep, the issue starts all over again.

Eventually, the issue becomes so bad that the wifi option just disappears. It takes forever to load and then nothing shows up. It just gives me the option to put it into airplane mode and that's it. Even in the settings, the wifi options disappears.

Then, I tried to avoid putting my computer to sleep and instead I fully turned it off. That worked twice and I thought this would be my solution, but nope. The third time it all started again and I sat there for 45 minutes trying to get it to connect to the wifi.

Heck, I have even forced turned off my computer and if I do that three times in a row, it seems to fix itself and that solution has worked about two or three times now... which can't be good for the computer to force shut it off three times that quickly every single day.

I am the end of my rope and I am in tears. This computer is almost two years old and it was really expensive. I took good care of it, making sure to charge it properly and make sure it doesn't get too hot or dusty... I have made sure not to load too much onto the computer and other than a few glitches here and there, it was working fine until Microsoft forced an update back in October. Then a bunch of systems on my computer got messed up and as I slowly began to each one, the wifi then stopped working and it was so disheartening.

Please, PLEASE, I am begging for help, I want to find a solution to this. If I need to replace the wifi card or whatever it is called or buy a network adapter, then so be it, but I don't even know where to begin with that and I want to know what is wrong with my computer and if there is a solution before I try these things.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out. Sorry if I sound desperate here, it is just because I am so exhausted from having to spend so much time on solutions that don't work.

:)

Layla_358, Jan 7, 2021
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Wifi Not Working on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop - Tried Many Solutions and Nothing Works

Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Wifi Not Working on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop - Tried Many Solutions and Nothing Works - Similar Threads - Wifi Working Lenovo

2. Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop Touchscreen not working: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e that have a touch screen, but the touch is not working, so I tried factory resetting the device and restarting, it have not fixed the problem, I tried looking for updates but not sure if they apply to the screen, and when I go through "This...
  3. Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop Touchscreen not working: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e that have a touch screen, but the touch is not working, so I tried factory resetting the device and restarting, it have not fixed the problem, I tried looking for updates but not sure if they apply to the screen, and when I go through "This...
  4. Windows 10 wifi not working - Solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi not working - Solution: Microsoft did an update to windows 10 on my laptop and the WIFI seeting was turned off / I was unable to turn it back on. I tried a number of things including re-installing the wifi driver, running diagnostics which told me to change setting of a hardware switch which doesn't...
  5. BSOD - Tried multiple solutions nothing has worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Tried multiple solutions nothing has worked: Hello, I have been getting a BSOD on my PC. The PC is only roughly a month old so it's not an old computer or anything. The crashes use to happen exclusively when gaming, however they have started to happen while just browsing the internet. I have tried reinstalling windows a...
  6. BSOD - Tried multiple solutions nothing has worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - Tried multiple solutions nothing has worked: Hello, I have been getting a BSOD on my PC. The PC is only roughly a month old so it's not an old computer or anything. The crashes use to happen exclusively when gaming, however they have started to happen while just browsing the internet. I have tried reinstalling windows a...
  7. lenovo laptop BSOD nothing will work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lenovo laptop BSOD nothing will work.: Hi, Last night i installed a windows update on my lenovo laptop. Today when i started it up it could not start due to “driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations” and went into an automatic repair loop. Then when i got to the blue screen i tried many different...
  8. Stuck in a startup repair loop. Tried many solutions and nothings worked -_-

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in a startup repair loop. Tried many solutions and nothings worked -_-: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jay_Tash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k503f9/stuck_in_a_startup_repair_loop_tried_many/
  9. my pc keep crashing tried many solution nothing worked im still getting black screen/BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc keep crashing tried many solution nothing worked im still getting black screen/BSOD: hello before i say anything what u will read right here is the same on a thread i posted before and im doing new post bcs my problem didnt got fixed my pc is still new a year and half now but for a long time im getting alot BSOD tried to fix the issues with many...
  10. wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...: Wifi stop working after up gradation from windows 7 to windows 10 on lenovo laptop, wifi remain in disabled state even after installing the wifi device driver...