Windows 10: WIFI not working properly since Windows update

Discus and support WIFI not working properly since Windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Samsung notebook has recently had a windows update and since then my previously strong WIFI signal is now incredibly poor. I can only connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by honkstark, Jul 8, 2019.

1. honkstark Win User

WIFI not working properly since Windows update

My Samsung notebook has recently had a windows update and since then my previously strong WIFI signal is now incredibly poor.

I can only connect to the WIFI when sat right next to the router, previously connection has been possible with a good signal all over the house.

I have tried updating and resetting my network adapter and drivers. I've also tried going back to previous version of windows before update.

What else can I try doing?

Thanks

:)

honkstark, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Ben Myers Win User
    Ben Myers, Jul 8, 2019
  3. First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly

Thanks for sending the link. I have gone to every single step that is stated on the website, but nothing has changed. I am now on the most recent version of Windows by manually updating, but still the WiFi symbol appears after only two minutes (so strange!) and Windows Update still does not work.

sybeandringa, Jul 8, 2019
  4. WIFI not working properly since Windows update

First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly

Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, I get error message 0x803C0103. Googling this error message, I see the suggestion of running a system scan (sfc /scannow). This does not result in any integrity violations ("Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"). I also see the suggestion of running a clean boot. Doing this prevents my WiFi from coming up at all (I guess there's a service doing this, that is now disabled), and after manually reinstalling the WiFi driver so that I have an internet connection, Windows Update still cannot connect to the updateservice.

sybeandringa, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

WIFI not working properly since Windows update

1. WIFI not working properly since Windows update - Similar Threads - WIFI working properly

2. Bluetooth headsets are not working properly since Windows was updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headsets are not working properly since Windows was updated: Today my computer rebooted with the update, since then my bluetooth headphones that worked perfectly fine before now have some very strange lag issues. It's a weird slow stuttering mess. It seems that something within this update has broken the bluetooth...
  3. Edge not working properly since update to latest version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not working properly since update to latest version: Since updating to the latest version of Edge, it refuses to allow me to view articles from the Newsbar. Edge opens, briefly flashes that I must log in to view the article, then refuses to load it. Anyone have a fix?...
  4. Wifi not working properly

Wifi not working properly: Hi all, My wifi keeps dropping out on my laptop. It works on all other devices, but not always on my laptop Dell Inspiron 5482 2-in-1. When i restart my laptop it works 50% of the time, but eventually drops out. Also, if the wifi is working and I close the web browser google...
  5. Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update: I am running Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS Build 19042.685 Since the 20H2 update every time I open Windows Mail App it ramps the fans up, but task manager displays 0% for all tabs When the app opens, emails will load but then freeze and this happens 90% of the time! If the mail...
  6. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  7. Bluetooth headphones not working properly since Windows Update

Bluetooth headphones not working properly since Windows Update: Today my computer restarted with the september update, since then my bluetooth headphones which were working perfectly fine before, are now having some seriously weird lagging issues. It's a weird laggy stuttery mess. I've tried updating drivers, restarting, running the...
  8. Wifi not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not working properly: Pre built rog build, g20bm Wifi not working properly at all Connects to network but incredibly slow or not working at all, alternates between the two Sometimes it disconnects itself without warning or reasoning Wifi works with all other devices and was the same with...
  9. Photos App not working properly since last update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App not working properly since last update...: Since the last update of this app to - Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.12930.0 when you select a photo and then display the information of the photo using the File Information from the drop-down menu, the link to - Open Map no longer works ... If you repeatedly click...
  10. First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly

First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly: While trying some other things to fix the problem, my internet stopped working altogether (including wired...). So I decided to start out with a clean installation of Windows, keeping all personal files but removing all apps, which solved all my problems. It really shouldn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with wifi since windows update