Windows 10: Wifi not working when connecting to laptop

Discus and support Wifi not working when connecting to laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! It just happened a day ago.When I start my laptop and the Wi-Fi connects, it stops working on every device and doesn't works on the laptop itself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NO_SYNC, Jan 31, 2023.

1. NO_SYNC Win User

Wifi not working when connecting to laptop

Hi! It just happened a day ago.When I start my laptop and the Wi-Fi connects, it stops working on every device and doesn't works on the laptop itself. If the laptop is not connected to Wi-Fi every other device works fine with internet

:)

NO_SYNC, Jan 31, 2023

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Cannot connect to wifi after upgrade to Windows 10

I had always expected a few glitches after doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (v21H1) on my Samsung RF511 laptop (which is a few years old but in theory capable of handling Win10). After sluggish boot-up and touchpad issues (raised in separate posts), this one is about wifi connection.

The problem is simple. No wifi. Ethernet (which uses a Realtek adapter) works fine, so my internet connection as such is good. When trying to make a wireless connection, the laptop running Win 10 "sees" the wifi link. The router is a Netgear, again not the latest model. It has WPA password-key protection. But running Win10 now, the laptop "can't connect".

The laptop has a Broadcom 802.11n network adapter. With Win7 before the upgrade, the wifi connection worked fine. When dual-booted into Linux Mint on the same machine, the wifi connection still works fine. This suggests that both the Netgear router and the Broadcom adapter hardware are operating properly. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to Win 10.

I have run the Win10 wifi troubleshooter. I've done the standard steps it asks (switch the router off and on again...). It says there is a problem.... but offers no suggestions for how to solve it.

I have looked at the network adapter properties/drivers. The driver is v.5.100.82.95 which appears to date from 2011. It is said to be working properly. Windows Updates offers no more recent version, and trying 'update driver' in Device Manager brings the message that the installed driver is the right or best one.

The Broadcom support website is hopeless, but I did find, download and install a more recent driver - v.7.5.340.0 dated 2015. No solution - the wifi still will not connect.

A laptop that can only connect via ethernet hard-wiring is not very useful. So what else can I try in order to get a wifi connection?

br1anstorm, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Wifi not working when connecting to laptop - Similar Threads - Wifi working connecting

2. Wifi not working when connecting to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not working when connecting to laptop: Hi! It just happened a day ago.When I start my laptop and the Wi-Fi connects, it stops working on every device and doesn't works on the laptop itself. If the laptop is not connected to Wi-Fi every other device works fine with internet...
  3. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop: Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from laptopSeems to have happened after a recent update on windows.Machine is on windows 10Also noticed issues with starting visual studio and project where I found the issue was that ports have been restricted and I'm...
  4. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop: Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from laptopSeems to have happened after a recent update on windows.Machine is on windows 10Also noticed issues with starting visual studio and project where I found the issue was that ports have been restricted and I'm...
  5. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. wifi connected but not working

wifi connected but not working: my laptop is connected with my home's wifi that i regularly use. today, suddenly i can't even open google because it doesnt work. the troubleshoot couldnt fix the problem, i tried reseting network, uninstalling the network adapter but it still doesnt work. the wifi doesnt...
  7. wifi connection doesnt work when connected to lan cable

wifi connection doesnt work when connected to lan cable: so all of a sudden my lan cable connection to my laptop says "no internet" and the internet doesnt work since i put the cable to my laptop but when plug out the cable it works even though its quite slow. please help, thank you all sm...
  8. my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet

my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet: my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-when-connected-to-the-wifi-shown/cf1a3397-d074-4065-94ba-6fd5b87458d2
  9. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........
  10. WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected

WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected: As the title says, whenever my flatmate connects his smartphone to our home WiFi, the connection on my laptop starts going really slow, it's basically dead. It's really weird, for example if I'm watching something and he arrives home, the video stops, and this happens every...