Windows 10: Wifi Not Working

Discus and support Wifi Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i tried to turn on my WiFi it does not work and after a while maybe 10 to 20 seconds Blue Screen of Death appears showing error on rtwlan.sys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Imran-Shah, May 26, 2019.

1. Wifi Not Working

When i tried to turn on my WiFi it does not work and after a while maybe 10 to 20 seconds Blue Screen of Death appears showing error on rtwlan.sys.

For first i thought my laptop's WiFi device is damaged somehow .. but when i turned on my Bluetooth to transfer some files suddenly my WiFi starts working and connected to available network.

So i checked and came to know that when Bluetooth is ON WiFi works and when Bluetooth is OFF, WiFi also don't work and if i try to ON or OFF WiFi when Bluetooth is OFF system shows Blue Screen of Death showing same rtwlan.sys error.

system details:

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (up-to-date)

Laptop HP core i7 8th Gen

RAM 16 GB

:)

Imran-Shah, May 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 26, 2019
  3. Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 26, 2019
  4. Wifi Not Working

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Not Working

1. Wifi Not Working - Similar Threads - Wifi Working

2. wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting: wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-not-working-how-to-fix-wifi-is/1993980e-9357-4d4f-8b59-b27fc04ddd22
  3. wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting: wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-not-working-how-to-fix-wifi-is/1993980e-9357-4d4f-8b59-b27fc04ddd22
  4. wifi connection not working. How to fix? Wifi is working, but computer not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 services not working when using wifi but do when using phone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 services not working when using wifi but do when using phone hotspot: Hi all,I have an acer nitro 5 with windows 11.Connected via wifi to Australian NBN through TPG.I had some issues with windows services not working last week and had to reinstall windows several times before it worked properly as windows continuously said it wasn't connected...
  6. Windows 11 services not working when using wifi but do when using phone hotspot

Windows 11 services not working when using wifi but do when using phone hotspot: Hi all,I have an acer nitro 5 with windows 11.Connected via wifi to Australian NBN through TPG.I had some issues with windows services not working last week and had to reinstall windows several times before it worked properly as windows continuously said it wasn't connected...
  7. My wifi is not working and the wifi option in the control panel is gone along with anything...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi is not working and the wifi option in the control panel is gone along with anything...: I have searched online for multiple ways to fix this issue, but they are mostly the same and many of the steps have to do with things that are not showing up because they have been deleted or have disappeared. This issue started when I got an error that said "The instructions...
  8. My wifi is not working and the wifi option in the control panel is gone along with anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is not working and the wifi option in the control panel is gone along with anything...: I have searched online for multiple ways to fix this issue, but they are mostly the same and many of the steps have to do with things that are not showing up because they have been deleted or have disappeared. This issue started when I got an error that said "The instructions...
  9. My wifi is not working and the wifi option in the control panel is gone along with anything...

10. Windows 11Pro 23H2 prompts "Network Cable Unplugged" for working NICs; Taskbar insists WiFi...

Windows 11Pro 23H2 prompts "Network Cable Unplugged" for working NICs; Taskbar insists WiFi...: My operational "bridged" network connectivity is via wired, dual-NIC Ethernet Controllers *LAN+*WAN via DOCSiS router/modem, on a Z790 motherboard. *LAN via Marvell AQtion 10Gb Network driver w/the latest V3.1.8.0*WAN via IntelR Ethernet Controller I226-V driver w/the latest...