Windows 10: Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past

Discus and support Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the past i had a normal internet speed of 2,5mbps(about 220kb/s) via WIFI but i stopped using my laptop for 2 weeks. Now i got only 0.3~mbps(about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marianadv1, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past

In the past i had a normal internet speed of 2,5mbps(about 220kb/s) via WIFI but i stopped using my laptop for 2 weeks.

Now i got only 0.3~mbps(about 40kb/s) on my laptop, and on my phone i got it as in the past(220kb/s) after i ran some tests on speedtest.net

I've been trying to reset ipv4/6 config, reinstall/reset the wireless and ethernet drivers

I got windows 10 pro and a intel chipset(not sure of it's name)

I tried to reset the router/laptop

I got an metered connection

I tried to change some values in network and sharing center as the indians in the yt tutorials said but none worked.

Please help me I can't play any game/videos anymore!

:)

marianadv1, Oct 24, 2019
  2. francis Win User

using mob phone connected to i/net via public wifi to connect laptop

Hi, recently purchased new laptop with windows 10 installed. I currently use public/open wifi connection to connect to the internet for non private surfing (private matters dealt with via payg dongle). However, this open wifi connection can be erratic (whereas previous laptop running windows 7 connected as and when requested). Once connected, it is faultless and speedy enough for my needs. I have also marked this connection as ‘automatic’.
    I know that it is not the signal strength, it is simply the initial connection, with which my new laptop seems to struggle with! My screen shows all available networks so is picking up all correct signals. When I click ‘connect’ it will go through the motions for approx 2-3 seconds and then say ‘unable to connect to this network’ and other times, it will say ‘connecting’ and will go through these motions, and will continue to say ‘connecting’ for 15 minutes and longer or until I get sick of waiting!
    On the occasions when it does finally ‘connect’, it will begin with a message in the ‘action centre’ saying ‘click on message to connect to open wifi’-it will then go to the open/public wifi homepage and connect-from thereon, I am fine.
    Why won’t my laptop connect as easily to open wifi as last machine did on windows 7, and why does it continually say ‘unable to connect to internet’ or remain in ‘connecting’ mode?
    A further query I have (apologies) is when my laptop refuses to connect to internet as above, my mobile phone connects to the open wifi easily so I certainly know that it is not the distance that is in question, or the strength of signal-bearing this in mind, is it possible to connect my laptop and mobile phone via usb and possible to use my phone when it is connected to the open wifi source to connect my laptop to internet via this route? If so, would somebody give me step by step instructions to connect this way, please. The phone I currently have is a 3g sony xperia mini pro (which I am sure you can gather I have had for few years now!)
    Many thanks for all replies and all assistance is gratefully received.

francis, Oct 24, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past

Windows Phone and WiFi

Hi Kari,

To better assist you in connecting your phone to the WiFi connection, please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to select the hotel's WiFi connection on the phone, then put the WiFi password? To connect the phone to a WiFi connection, just go to
      Settings> Network and wireless> Wi-Fi. Select the hotel's WiFi connection name, then type the WiFi password.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past

1. Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past - Similar Threads - Wifi laptop much

2. wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone: I've recenty changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifi. Above is my pc wifi...
  3. wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone: I've recenty changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifi. Above is my pc wifi...
  4. wifi on my pc is 86 times slower than my phone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wifi being worse on my PC compared to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi being worse on my PC compared to my Laptop: Something that's been an awful experience ever since I moved from my Laptop MSI GT72VR 7RD Dominator to my PC Motherboard: B550M VDH WI-FI PRO is the lack of constant connectivity to Wi-fi available. Perhaps the wi-fi has gotten worse as of late, but it only happened during...
  6. Wifi being worse on my PC compared to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi being worse on my PC compared to my Laptop: Something that's been an awful experience ever since I moved from my Laptop MSI GT72VR 7RD Dominator to my PC Motherboard: B550M VDH WI-FI PRO is the lack of constant connectivity to Wi-fi available. Perhaps the wi-fi has gotten worse as of late, but it only happened during...
  7. My laptop is much slower than usual in many aspects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is much slower than usual in many aspects: My laptop today has been slow when I have been using anything windows explorer related, right clicking items, all of my internet browsers says “page unresponsive” and takes a few minutes until the page i wants actually loads, programs take a long time to open, and some...
  8. Why is everything about this so much worse than windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is everything about this so much worse than windows 7: I want to preface all of this by saying that I've been an A+ certified IT technician, working in the field for the past decade, and I am beyond disappointed in windows 10. every machine ive serviced with it has its quirks, and as such i usually advised my clients to stick...
  9. Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?: Hi, My laptop specs are: Intel Core i7-8565U 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050 GPU Are these specs better or worse for gaming than the Xbox one s? Thanks...
  10. Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?: I have been rammaging through the internet for a good PC to start gaming on. Has anyone heard of the CYBERPOWERPC BattleBox Ultimate SLC8600A PC? Admittedly, I do own the PC after visiting with a friend that owns it. From the few hours I've been using it, it feels like a...