Windows 10: wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same)

Discus and support wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same) setup is dlink dwa 160 adapter using windows driver 5g, 2.4 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjl1956, Nov 14, 2019.

1. kjl1956 Win User

wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same)

wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same)

setup is dlink dwa 160 adapter using windows driver 5g, 2.4 is turned off from device manager.

I get about 140mbs on win7 but only 100mbs on win10, no sharing for the adapter or connections.

:)

kjl1956, Nov 14, 2019
  2. RJF2 Win User

Win10 Twice SLOWER than Win7 running data apps

-Ashish,

Thank you for your reply.

All of your suggestions have been explicitly implemented.

Result is No Change, problem still persists.

This is an example program & source via VS2013pro demonstrating issue:

www.GoMeasure.com/Working/DataImport_Test1-01042016_1445.zip

(~13MB)

Direct execution of exe within /debug folder results in approximately 1/3 slower processing on Win10pro -vs Win7.

ALL source is MS certified for Win7 & Win10 and targets .NET.4.5.2.

Above is only an excerpt of original subject apps, thus the reason for Not Slower.

Note that we understand certain source can be changed to produce faster execution; However,

that is not the point AND not available for our needs.....

ie, we are not interested in critique of or suggestion for change of our source.

We desire to know reason why, comparing apples-to-apples, Win10 is slower.... and hope for MS mod/ improvement.

Explanations such as 'app not written for Win10' means Win10 not compatible with others..... even though

MS checks prior to Win10 updates indicate all a-ok.

3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Nov 14, 2019
  4. SJMaye Win User

Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same) - Similar Threads - wifi win10 slower

2. [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  3. [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Help] Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  4. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  5. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  6. Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network: I use a wired connection for my desktop. Originally I got over 80 Mbps but a few months ago I started getting 10 Mbps at most. both ethernet ports on my desktop give me the same slow speed. If I plug another computer into the same ethernet cable, I get around 80 Mbps....
  7. Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network

Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network: I use a wired connection for my desktop. Originally I got over 80 Mbps but a few months ago I started getting 10 Mbps at most. both ethernet ports on my desktop give me the same slow speed. If I plug another computer into the same ethernet cable, I get around 80 Mbps....
  8. Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account: I seem to have run into a problem. I have a Win7 machine that uses Onedrive to keep Desktop, Documents etc safe on cloud. This is tied to my MS account. I added a Win10 machine using same MS account. There appears to be a problem in including Desktop in Onedrive. There are...
  10. Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?: I had a single hard drive with Windows 7 on it and then created another partition and loaded Windows 10 on that resulting in a dual boot setup.I want to eliminate the dual boot setup and delete the partition with windows 7 on it leaving a single partition with only Windows...