Windows 10: Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...

Discus and support Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 So there was an automatic windows update and after the update I cannot access my Wi-Fi at all. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashwinkumar Pillai, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

So there was an automatic windows update and after the update I cannot access my Wi-Fi at all. I can only access internet via my ethernet cable.

I even tried to update my driver. Tried troubleshooter. Restarted multiple times. Even restarted the wifi adapter via powershell. None of the methods worked. Initially when I start windows the Wi-Fi option is visible but when I click the button it disappears. The image is below:

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network... ea8a1211-af1e-4cfd-a4e1-1ce5e23399e5?upload=true.jpg

I then went to Settings>Network and Internet> Wifi , switched the wi-fi on and after a few seconds the wifi section disappeared

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network... 05be5044-eb0d-4692-8108-0e102ef59cae?upload=true.jpg

I then looked at the network adapters - it shows code 10 error

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network... 34899701-98ed-493f-adda-0755f2f298de?upload=true.jpg

So I tried to update the driver:

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network... 07ebf419-b042-4781-b8ef-1726848d373f?upload=true.jpg

But it says the driver is up-to-date.

I have encountered this issue before but mostly after updating the driver or doing a hard shut down it turns back on. However, this time its different and won't turn on at all. And this happened after the windows update before that everything was working perfectly.

I even tried to uninstall driver and then reinstall it didn't work. I used the powershell and typed in the command: Restart-NetAdapter -Name "Wi-Fi 2"

At first it seemed to work but again the same error occurred when I tried to access Wi-Fi. This problem seems to be due to the update. Everytime I start windows the Wi-Fi icon comes back but as soon as I click it, its gone.

Can you please assist me and tell me what I can do to solve this issue. I have read other forums and tried to implement the fixes mentioned there but all in vain.

Thank you for your support.

:)

Ashwinkumar Pillai, Dec 31, 2020

2. Available wireless networks are not showing in the network settings

Hi after updating to windows 10 creators i am facing the following problems

• the available wifi networks are note showing in the networks and settings.
    i tried to update the wifi driver, done the network reset, but still the available networks are not showing in the settings. after updating to the creators update immediately i have performed reset pc also. if i have to connect to any new
    wifi network i had to do it from add wifi networks option.

• search option from the windows start button is not working
    The search from windows start button is not working. no responce even after long time it will keep on searching. even for simple app search also.

• From the task bar if i click on date and time, it is not opening the calendar.

For the first problem when i have searched in net it came to know that this problem releated to VPN software. remedi suggested by various people is delete and modify some registries. for doing this i am slightly worried that is it correct procedure or not.
    kindly help me to solve the problem.

My laptop is LENOVO IDEAPAD Z510, Intel core I5 4th gen, 4GB ram.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Ravindra nadhT, Dec 31, 2020
  3. wifi network list and taskbar wifi icon is missing after windows10 update

after windows10 KB4486561 update my wifi icon and wifi list disappeared. My wifi is working very well though. I tried all suggested solution here:

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-wireless-icon-missing-from-taskbar-in-windows-10/

and here

Windows could not start Error 1068: The dependency or group failed to start the WLAN Auto Config serviceon the local computer.

but none of them worked for me. Also I tried to start "network list" service but it popped up error message and it didn't work either. How can I solve this problem?

here is my icon list from settings :

..and here is my taskbar

Erdem Caner, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Thema:

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...

1. Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network... - Similar Threads - Wifi option available

2. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.: I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen and restarting again and again, after 3 to 4 days, it stopped but the wifi option was not on the task bar and when I tried to...
  3. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.: Only airplane mode and cellular options available under network and internet settings tab on taskbar. Cannot seem to get any available wifi network options. How do i get my laptop to connect to a wifi adapter again?...
  4. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.: Only airplane mode and cellular options available under network and internet settings tab on taskbar. Cannot seem to get any available wifi network options. How do i get my laptop to connect to a wifi adapter again?...
  5. Wifi options not available under network and internet setting tabs on taskbar.

6. WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar: Hi,I am facing an issue recently in which the WiFi is not showing up in the network and settings option on the taskbar. When I boot up my laptop , the WiFi gets connected but after sometime it just disappears automatically. Sometimes it comes back on its own, but mostly I...
  7. Wifi not available in network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not available in network settings: It only shows Airplane Mode, so I troubleshoot wifi-2.. restart and it worked.. but now after 10-15 mins it automatically disconnects and again wifi is not seeable submitted by /u/Curse3242 [link] [comments]...
  8. No Wifi Option in Settings and Taskbar

No Wifi Option in Settings and Taskbar: My windows 10 laptop cannot connect to the internet because there is no wireless internet option in the settings or the task bar. Normally where the WiFi logo is, there is an Ethernet logo instead. I can't even use the Ethernet because my laptop DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ETHERNET...
  9. No wifi option available in network settings or network menu

No wifi option available in network settings or network menu: I cannot find an option for connecting to wifi in my network and internet options. I have seen this question posted before and have tried everything said in those. I have tried updating my drivers from device manager but there is no wifi adapted in the options. I have even...
  10. No wifi option in network settings after updating to Win10 CU

No wifi option in network settings after updating to Win10 CU: thats about it. thought the update went well (except for a Defender issue), but then noticed wifi networks not showing up, only the ethernet. Then i noticed that there is no wifi option in the network action center, or the menu in the network settings. Looked for fixes......