Windows 10: WiFi option not available

Discus and support WiFi option not available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey My WiFi option on my hp pavilion is not available for a couple of months i have been using a cable and am tired i cannot use my laptop without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Collinsmuthusi, Jul 11, 2020.

1. WiFi option not available

Hey

My WiFi option on my hp pavilion is not available for a couple of months i have been using a cable and am tired i cannot use my laptop without the LAN. I have done all the options i see online e.g network reset, the cmd commands likes of winsock, netcfg -d nothing happens. Lookinf at the device manager my wireless adapter is nowhere to be found so i pretty much can't do anything to do with re-installing or updating.

Interesting part I've learned over the astonishing no WiFi time is that when i boot my laptop up without the power cable inserted, the WiFi won;t show but when i boot it up when the power cable is connected the WiFi option appears....and i'll be forced to perform a memory test in startup menu when booting via the power cable method or else it won't appear.

Yeah i've already kept the option of wireless adapter not being turned of to save power but it doesn't help even

Honestly am tired to boot the same process via the startup so that it can be available.... please help

My regards.

:)

Collinsmuthusi, Jul 11, 2020

2. wifi option not available..

Hi, Taylor.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 11, 2020
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

WiFi option not available

WiFi is not available in network

Hello Prasanna,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try to run the Windows in built troubleshooter using the steps below:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Internet Connections
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

WiFi option not available

1. WiFi option not available - Similar Threads - WiFi option available

2. Wifi Option not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Option not available Windows 11: Hey,I have an Asus tuf f15 laptop with Mediatek wifi 6 MT7921 and for past few days there have been issues with wifi.It works properly for few minutes then it suddenly it just stops and there are no drivers available when I go in device manager or anything it looks as if I...
  3. Wifi Option not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Option not available Windows 11: Hey,I have an Asus tuf f15 laptop with Mediatek wifi 6 MT7921 and for past few days there have been issues with wifi.It works properly for few minutes then it suddenly it just stops and there are no drivers available when I go in device manager or anything it looks as if I...
  4. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  5. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  6. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Neither WiFi connection or option is available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither WiFi connection or option is available.: The Wifi connection was working fine until just then.Task bar icon lost, no WiFi option available.Ran diagnostic, disable & enable-checked, reinstall/update/rollback adaptor driver done, have been through rebooting. No luck.Checking log and errors found.Please help. Many...
  8. Neither WiFi connection or option is available.

Neither WiFi connection or option is available.: The Wifi connection was working fine until just then.Task bar icon lost, no WiFi option available.Ran diagnostic, disable & enable-checked, reinstall/update/rollback adaptor driver done, have been through rebooting. No luck.Checking log and errors found.Please help. Many...
  9. Neither WiFi connection or option is available.

10. Wifi option is not available.

Wifi option is not available.: My windows Asus laptop is not showing a wifi option and the wifi adapter is showing that the device cannot operate because off code 10.I have tried restarting multiple times ,and the wifi options becomes available for a few seconds than again its gone....