Windows 10: Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10

Discus and support Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, wi-fi shows up nowhere as an option. I have tried usual fixes, but nothing so far has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RavenBlood2113, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10

Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 a98c8d1d-c75d-4ecd-9a77-13aa77c305e5?upload=true.jpg

Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 d4e045e9-3f50-4a61-8f4c-f948bed848ff?upload=true.jpg Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 a4bd1a21-0d0d-417d-bafb-db3fac823577?upload=true.jpg Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 b52b35cb-e42b-4e90-a0df-2a4b47261e29?upload=true.jpg

Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 0f352e82-f40d-4cc2-9dfe-c8ddf2b527b8?upload=true.jpg

As you can see, wi-fi shows up nowhere as an option. I have tried usual fixes, but nothing so far has worked and so many of these forums have nothing but dead ends. I really would like an answer to this, as whenever issues come up with my Ethernet cord, I'm then left high and dry. I've tried downloading drivers, but nothing seems to want to stick. Nothing wifi related seems to be recognized. This is an entirely new computer as well, and it seems like it came with this issue.

:)

RavenBlood2113, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. VIC
    Vic Win User

Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

Thema:

Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10

1. Wifi option not showing up at all windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wifi option showing

2. WiFi option not showing at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi option not showing at all: I just built my first pc and after installing windows 10. I have been unable to connect to the WiFi. It doesn’t give me an option at all. The motherboard came with antennas that I’ve screwed in tightly. I’ve also updated to the latest bios. The motherboard is a Rog Strix...
  3. WiFi option not showing at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi option not showing at all: I just built my first pc and after installing windows 10. I have been unable to connect to the WiFi. It doesn’t give me an option at all. The motherboard came with antennas that I’ve screwed in tightly. I’ve also updated to the latest bios. The motherboard is a Rog Strix...
  4. WiFi option not showing at all

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No wifi options show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi options show up: I have a wifi box connected to my pc with a ethernet cable. I haven’t payed my wifi bill so i’m trying to use another wifi option but they don’t show so i’m left with no wifi for my pc. I’ve unplugged the ethernet cable, unplugged the wifi box, ect and nothing works...
  6. No wifi options show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi options show up: I have a wifi box connected to my pc with a ethernet cable. I haven’t payed my wifi bill so i’m trying to use another wifi option but they don’t show so i’m left with no wifi for my pc. I’ve unplugged the ethernet cable, unplugged the wifi box, ect and nothing works...
  7. No wifi options show up

8. Wifi option not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option not showing up.: Hi,I’ve been trying to connect to the wifi all day but the option for it is just not showing up.I’ve tried to reset the network settings, i’ve tried to go to the device manager and update my wifi from there but it isn’t showing up, I’ve tried to troubleshoot about everything...
  9. WIFI options won't show up at all

WIFI options won't show up at all: HOW DO I FIX THIS.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-options-wont-show-up-at-all/5cfc7f81-d162-4dd2-8a0b-26a6d3137187
  10. Wifi options not showing up at all.

Wifi options not showing up at all.: I was trying to access the internet with my computer, but then suddenly all the wifi stopped working. I restarted everything in the house, and the only computer that isn't working anymore is the one connected to ethernet. I tried to connect to other wifi connections, but they...