Windows 10: Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while

Discus and support Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The wifi option goes missing randomly on every boot up. For instance today I turn on my laptop the wifi option is there, yesterday it wasn't. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shyamnathmallinathan, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while

The wifi option goes missing randomly on every boot up. For instance today I turn on my laptop the wifi option is there, yesterday it wasn't. If I shutdown and start my laptop again it is highly probable the wifi will be missing again. This is not an issue of enabling 'quick actions' ,the issue lies elsewhere. I tried various ways to troubleshoot the issue. Network reset ,trying to update the network adapters from from Device manager etc., I really wish I could get in touch with technical agent via chat. But it entirely feels like a scam to me. I have been spending hours on the waiting list every other day. The waiting list number just randomly goes from 5-7-12-7-3 and so on. My baby brother could count better than that. It is such a shame an esteemed organization cannot handle the waiting list numbers and convey the estimated time left at the very least.

:)

shyamnathmallinathan, Jun 12, 2020

2. Missing options from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to missing taskbar options on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Do you have any other issues apart from the cascade and side-by-side option missing?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit enter:
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a
    new user account
    and then see if the options are available for taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 12, 2020
  3. wifi network list and taskbar wifi icon is missing after windows10 update

after windows10 KB4486561 update my wifi icon and wifi list disappeared. My wifi is working very well though. I tried all suggested solution here:

Fix: Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

and here

Windows could not start Error 1068: The dependency or group failed to start the WLAN Auto Config serviceon the local computer.

but none of them worked for me. Also I tried to start "network list" service but it popped up error message and it didn't work either. How can I solve this problem?

here is my icon list from settings :

..and here is my taskbar

Erdem Caner, Jun 12, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while

wifi icon missing

Hi Alladin,

To resolve your concern regarding WiFi, see the steps below:

• Press Windows key, and type in taskbar.
    • Click on Taskbar and Navigation.
    • Under Taskbar tab, see Notification
      area
      ; then, click on Customize.
    • After clicking on Customize, click on Turn
      system icons on or
      off under Quick actions.
    • Hit the Network button.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while

1. Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while - Similar Threads - Wifi option taskbar

2. Taskbar goes missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar goes missing: Every time I start my laptop nowadays, the taskbar vanishes. Until I restart the PC, it stays vanished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-goes-missing/528e4c8e-6b29-4f14-9183-3559c8fc01d5
  3. Taskbar goes missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar goes missing: Every time I start my laptop nowadays, the taskbar vanishes. Until I restart the PC, it stays vanished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-goes-missing/528e4c8e-6b29-4f14-9183-3559c8fc01d5
  4. No Taskbar Wifi Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Taskbar Wifi Options: This is a brand new install of Windows 11. When I go to the taskbar and click the Wifi icon, the popup is the monitor brightness and not the Wifi connection options/details. I am not able to set or select wifi connection options using the taskbar. Wifi is enabled and...
  5. No Taskbar Wifi Options

No Taskbar Wifi Options: This is a brand new install of Windows 11. When I go to the taskbar and click the Wifi icon, the popup is the monitor brightness and not the Wifi connection options/details. I am not able to set or select wifi connection options using the taskbar. Wifi is enabled and...
  6. Missing wifi Option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing wifi Option: Hi,my wifi and hotspot option disappeared after windows update and I've tried most solution it's not working still.Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-wifi-option/fad540df-4747-43d7-bf12-2d46e75796cf
  7. Missing wifi Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi Option: Hi,my wifi and hotspot option disappeared after windows update and I've tried most solution it's not working still.Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-wifi-option/fad540df-4747-43d7-bf12-2d46e75796cf
  8. Missing wifi Option

9. The system keep repooting every once in a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system keep repooting every once in a while: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION the error in event log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8006b8fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  10. BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I've been getting BSODs every once in a while, however, in Safe mode they seem to not happen. I've done some memtests and they didn't return any errors. I feel like it's a driver problem. Please, if anyone could help me out, that would be deeply appreciated. Minidump:...