Windows 10: WIFI Password

Discus and support WIFI Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to change my wifi password, but I don't know the user name or password.*cry I do know the ip address. My desktop computer is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Puttsboy66, May 14, 2016.

1. WIFI Password

I would like to change my wifi password, but I don't know the user name or password.*cry I do know the ip address. My desktop computer is connected with an ethernet connection. I have the option of wifi and/or ethernet, the ethernet is much faster so I use the ethernet connection. I also have a laptop computer and connect to the internet via wifi. I have given out the current password to several people, but now I would like to be more selective on who gets my wifi password. Everything in Windows 10, and my internet work very well. I am a satisfied user of Windows 10. *chuckle I have tried the reset button on the back of the router, holding it for 10 seconds to return to factory settings, but that has not worked. I've removed the power cord for a couple of minutes to, didn't work either. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to change the password and user name on my router. Thanks to all who reply.

:)

Puttsboy66, May 14, 2016

2. how to find connected wifi password in windows phone?

No. We cant see that. When we connect the secure wifi network by giving password the password will save in phone. If you delete the wifi network from manage option the password of wifi also deleted.

MCCshreyas, May 14, 2016
  3. when i change password user domain in windows 10 I must change password wifi to

I have problem when i change password user domain in windows 10 or 8, I must change password wifi to with username and password domain. in windows 7 i dont need to replace password in wifi, in win 7 already sync.

sometimes i must forget network and remove profile Wifi, for connect to wifi

burhanuddinachsan, May 14, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

WIFI Password

After resetting a router there are several default username and passwords you can try.

Username: admin
    Password: admin

Username: admin
    Password:

Username:admin
    Password: password

EDIT: one more
    Username:

If these one of these don't work post the full name and manufacturer of your router and I will find it for you.

sml156, May 15, 2016
  5. My router is a Cisco linksys 2500. Thank you very much. I tried the list you provided and none of them work. Thanks for helping out.

Puttsboy66, May 15, 2016
  6. wyldman68 Win User
    I used Google and found: The default IP address of Linksys E2500 is 192.168.1.1. The default password is admin and there is no username.

wyldman68, May 15, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I've found on the many Routers I've set up that, by design, the Wi-Fi password can't be changed using a Wi-Fi connection, will give error messages. Has to be done with a computer connected by cable to the Router.

Berton, May 15, 2016
  8. sml156 Win User

WIFI Password

Did you hold the reset button for a minimum of 10 seconds.

Is this the name of your router:
    Cisco Linksys-E2500

One page I went to said the default password and username was admin admin, and another page I went to said the username was

Username:

sml156, May 16, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    That is actually false. You can change it via Wifi, but you better have it when you want to reconnect. Otherwise you have to go in with a Ethernet connected computer to fix.

bro67, May 16, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    If you cannot access with "admin" and the default password then someone who manages the router has changed it. You cannot change the Wifi Passphrase without having Administrator access to the Gateway.

bro67, May 16, 2016
  11. sml156 Win User
    Did you hold the reset button for a minimum of 10 seconds.

Is this the name of your router:
    Cisco Linksys-E2500

One page I went to said the default password and username was admin admin, and another page I went to said the username was

Username:

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WIFI Password

1. WIFI Password - Similar Threads - WIFI Password

2. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  3. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  4. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont...: If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont have wifi access on my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-am-connected-through-lan-on-my-pc-how-can-i-get/2e2b8738-39b1-4692-8da2-2d03ae58e393
  6. If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont...

If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont...: If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont have wifi access on my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-am-connected-through-lan-on-my-pc-how-can-i-get/2e2b8738-39b1-4692-8da2-2d03ae58e393
  7. If am Connected through LAN on my pc, how can i get wifi password? assuming that i dont...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I have a wifi but i don't have a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a wifi but i don't have a password: I want to open my wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-wifi-but-i-dont-have-a-password/7956675a-a74f-461f-b1c9-4f1a1ae37e6b
  9. I have a wifi but i don't have a password

I have a wifi but i don't have a password: I want to open my wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-wifi-but-i-dont-have-a-password/7956675a-a74f-461f-b1c9-4f1a1ae37e6b
  10. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...