Windows 10: Wifi/Ping issue

Discus and support Wifi/Ping issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somedays my wifi can be great but some days I get this very frustrating thing with my ping in applications like Discord,Chrome,Games etc., The initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Monty Campeau, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Wifi/Ping issue

Somedays my wifi can be great but some days I get this very frustrating thing with my ping in applications like Discord,Chrome,Games etc., The initial problem is that my ping goes from 30/50 ping to almost 100 ping plus and its very hard to deal with. Whenever I try to play a game like this I can barely move ANYWHERE So help would greatly be appreciated

:)

Monty Campeau, Sep 11, 2018

2. High ping only on PC with WiFi

Hi

I have high ping on desktop when i use Wifi for connecting to modem, problem is one month ago my ping with wifi was normal but now is 2000ms (see pic, blue is ping to modem and black is ping to google.com)

Wifi/Ping issue b899e18e-9c8d-4e0b-bde8-c0346bd4863c.jpg

i checked this things:

- at same time ping is normal on laptop over wifi

- i tried a new wifi adapter card and modem but my ping still is 2000ms

- i tried reinstalling Drivers.

and with Ethernet cable ping is normal on desktop but i have to use wifi connection, pls help to fix this weird issue

Mehrdad Aria, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Can you please provide more information?

• What make/model of router do you have?
    • Is it on the latest firmware?
    • If you don't know how to do something with your router, please refer to the user's manual or provide us more information about it so we can assist you better.
    • What make/model of laptops do you have?
    • Is the laptop that causes the high latency of the wireless connection much older than the other devices?
    • Have you scanned the device for malware to make sure it isn't causing any kind of attack inside or outside of your network? (I recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free from Ninite.com)
    • What are you pinging when you're monitoring this issue? Google? Your gateway/router?
    High latency in a wireless envirnoment like this one I would assume it is either something overloading from a malicious attack, an old device using a narrower bandwidth causing the router to have to change its channel scopes and having issues doing so (firmware bug), or the router being overloaded trying to manage all the requests over wireless (cheaper home-grade routers can fall flat on their face if too many devices connect to their wireless network(s))...there are other things like channel interference that @remixedcat refers to that are absolutely worth looking into.

Acrylic WiFi is an excellent program. Run it for about 15 minutes, then use Snip to take a screenshot of it (Google: Now to use Microsoft Snip, if you've never used it). You can attach images to a new post or upload them to Techpowerup.org and past the IMG code in your post.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Wifi/Ping issue

Issue with ping spikes

connect something wired to either router (test both if you can) and do a file transfer. see if the ping spikes get worse.

if you're wifi bridging/repeating, those tend to cause issues like this if the signal isnt perfect.

Mussels, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Wifi/Ping issue

1. Wifi/Ping issue - Similar Threads - Wifi Ping issue

2. wifi issues, constant ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi issues, constant ping spikes: hello, i am having issues with my wifi connection on a brand new laptop. i keep getting constant ping spikes that look like this:to ensure it is not the problem of the wifi itself, i checked using the same wifi on another laptop and the ping is stable. to ensure it is not the...
  3. wifi issues, constant ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi issues, constant ping spikes: hello, i am having issues with my wifi connection on a brand new laptop. i keep getting constant ping spikes that look like this:to ensure it is not the problem of the wifi itself, i checked using the same wifi on another laptop and the ping is stable. to ensure it is not the...
  4. Roblox ping issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roblox ping issue: For the past few months I have been very, VERY laggy in every Roblox game I play. The issue randomly started happening out of nowhere, I was fine months before but then "boom" my ping started spiking to very degrees. I have done multiple speedtests and it generally says I...
  5. Wifi Ping Spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Ping Spiking: hello i tried "wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface=" and it said "no such network exists" and such and such. did device manager look up, copied the name and still gave me the same error. i am doing this because i keep spiking ping when i do ping -t 8.8.8.8 and this...
  6. Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming

Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming: Hello, This issue has been asked to death on various forums but I've tried many solutions and have failed to find a fix for my recent ping spikes. I have been experiencing ping spikes of around ~2000ms occurring 2-4 times every minute after I start gaming. The games are...
  7. Super weird ping issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Super weird ping issue: I have been experiencing super weird ping issues where my ping spikes up really high and goes back to normal when gaming, so i opened cmd and pinged google for a while to see when the issue occurs. after a while i noticed that my ping spikes when i right click on a folder for...
  8. Wifi ping spikes

Wifi ping spikes: Hello, I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection. It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms...
  9. Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping

Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping: Hi, I've recently gotten a new laptop and I noticed that my WiFi speed is very inconsistent. Basically, I'm downloading something at 600kBps and then it drops to 300, goes back up, drops again and keeps doing this all the time. Similarly, I have a huge problem with...
  10. Ping issue in one direction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ping issue in one direction: Hi, Sorry if any wrong in terms since not a network person. Simply two static ip devices A&B was pinging properly. Later from A can ping B. But from B cannot ping A what are possible causes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi ping issues